Chapter-2

Humans are easy to mess with

Humans are easy to mess with. I can manipulate them with the flick of my wrist. Neither any one has realized, nor did anyone question me. They bought my lie as a truth. Why? Because evidence backed my story. Stupid of them to accept the evidence at its face value.

I mean c'mon! Evidence can be tempered with. But who will question an innocent girl with mental health issues? They already think I am uncapable of doing anything after what happened back then.

Apparently, they could not find any fingerprints or anything at the crime scene. I wonder if my feet are printless. The word also spread around the town, and everyone is scared shitless of this psychopathic killer. Luckily, the psychopath killer does not have time to waste over their worthless existence.

My phone pinged with a message, and I immediately checked it.

Damien: Van? What happened? My parents said something about cockroaches dying.

Emma: My parents said that the pest control killed some rats. What is going on?

Me: My parents died. Brutally might I add.

Damien and Emma, my childhood best friends as they claim, are the only people I can tolerate. No matter how much they annoy me. It is because of 'Emma's charm and Damien's magic'. I am not saying it, it is their words.

Damien has moved to Italy with his brother. There, he is enrolled in an engineering university.  Emma also moved to Italy. She is learning to be an 'Italian chef'. I told her she can't be an Italian chef because she is not Italian. She can be a chef who cooks or make Italian dishes. She does not listen to me.

Me? I would have been there with both of them. That was our plan before everything went downhill because of one fuck up. If not for that night, I would be mastering the history. But. the fate decided to play its ploy with my life and created a fucking hurricane in my goals.

Fate is a bitch, but I am bitcher. So, there strengthens my decision to screw the bitch.

Damien: We need to talk about this. In person soon.

Emma: Yup, we really need to meet.

Vanessa: We will. They took my blood and are running it in the system to find my 'family'. 

Emma: Sucks to be you babe. I mean it happened like years ago, why can't they let you live without any guardian?

Damien: I know right. It's not like she is massacring the human race. But if they are looking for your family, there are chances that you might end up coming to Italy.

Vanessa: Chances? I know I will be moving there.

Emma: That will be awesome as well as scary. But keep us up to date?

Vanessa: K, bye.

Damien: Bye, love you.

Emma: love you girlie.

Vanessa: Eww.

I shut the phone down, before looking at Officer Ryder approaching me. We had come to police station after I had cleaned up. While I was sitting here in the waiting are, he was doing his work and whatever it is that he needed to do.

"How are you holding up?" He asked me. We were the only one in the room.

Raising my eyes to meet his, I deadpanned "Seriously?"

"Don't give me that sass, young lady. I am your elder." He scolded at me, earning a snorting from me.

"Whatever you say old man. Also, I am thirsty, can I get something to drink?" I asked, yawning.

"How can you be thirsty after draining gallons of blood?" One thing about Ryder? He makes the shittiest jokes known to mankind.

"Hilarious. Now get me something to drink and eat as well. Then you can tell me if they got successful in searching my family." I shooed him, whereas he just shook his head and muttered under his breath loud enough for me to hear it.

"Someone save me from this demon." 

"As if you would let someone. Admit it old man, you have a soft spot for my innocent self." I said to his retreating figure.

"Innocent like my wife." He yelled out before completely disappearing.

He does not have a wife. 

After what felt like hours, but were only a few minutes, Ryder came back. He had a bottle of pomegranate juice and a box of sandwich in his hands. Not bad for the current situation.

"They found your family and contacted them. Your family is ready to accept the responsibility over you." He passed me my food, and I could swear I hear him pitying whoever this family was.

"Lucky for them." I chuckled before eating the sandwich without any worry in the world.

"Did they question why a 21-year-old need a guardian?" I ask before taking another bite.

"They were curious, but due to the privacy policy, we did not tell them." He stated.

"Good. When will they pick me up?" That was the last question I had.

"One of your brothers were in New York because of some work. He will be here in almost 2 hours." 

Fantastic. I will be here, sitting and waiting for my older brother for two hours. Whoever is controlling my life, at least consider my ass? It will be painfully numb by then.

Fuck, I just realized I can't feel my butt.

Bloody amazing!

+~^*^~+

Dante's POV:

Life surely knows how to fuck with people. For 21 years, we lived our life believing that our sister had died. Then out of nowhere, I got a call from New Jersey in America asking me if I will be open to take under my wing my little sister.

Apparently, my sister's parents were murdered. My sister is not allowed to live alone. That's what they said. When I pressed for further information, they shut me up with clint privacy crap.

In our family, it does not matter if you are an adult. You are supposed to live under the same roof until you get married and even then, you have a choice to stay.

But what I can't grasp is what is the reason they are forbidding her to live alone? I will be her guardian, of course I should be aware of it. But I don't know.

I had already called Vincenzo and ordered him to leave the meeting in New York in between, sending him to pick our sorella. She will finally be back home.

Where she is supposed to be.

________________________________________

A/N:- How was the chapter??? Are you excited about their interaction?????

And yes, another chapter.

I will be doing alot of updates because I literally have no life for the upcoming 2 weeks.

So, enjoy mahh bookworms❣️

Love,
Ms_CornSalad♥️