Chapter~12

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy
.
.
.

"There's too much testosterone in that house." I answered honestly. That house lacked some feminine comfort within it.

Before anyone of my friends could reply, that gorgeous waiter approached us again with our orders. Without any control, my eyes moved on their own will to the said guy. My eyes intensely taking in his movements and how his lean muscles flexed under his white shirt as he placed our order on the table.

"Please enjoy your order." He politely smiled at my friends and then his eyes stopped on mine.

"It looks delicious." I answered without even glancing at my order. Hearing my response, his face flushed with coyness. Never in my life have I ever seen someone so pure that even the wave around them screams innocence and tenderness.

He, in response, gave a charming smile with a 'thank you' to me before turning around and leaving. I stopped myself from keep glancing at his quitting figure, but it turned out to be difficult.

"Can I say something?" Emma chimed in, grinning from ear to ear. I shook my head at her dismissively aware of what she intended to comment on.

"Let's eat peacefully first. We don't want to awake the starving monster residing in Van." Damien chuckled out at my need to be silent while eating.

"At least, I don't eat for two." I took a blow at Emma's reasoning why she can eat more food.

"Hey, my stomach and I both needs different portions. Or else we will die of hunger." Emma quickly defended herself. 

"Man, I missed our bickering." Damien sighed in contentment, earning a nod of agreement from Emma and a rough grunt of disapproval by me. 

"Let's eat." I whispered, taking an already cut piece of Garlic bread before bringing it to my mouth. When the delicious flavor blessed my taste buds, I hummed in approval in my head. It truly is so good. 

Next, I picked up the Kit-Kat shake and sipped it from the straw. Spoiler? Anything with Kit-Kat never disappoints. 

When I felt that someone was gawking at me, I turned my face side to locate the culprit. It was Lucas, who keeps glancing my way from where he was standing. The corner of my lips twitched into a smirk when he noticed that I have caught him staring. 

His face became redder when I held his eyes in mine instead of averting my gaze. He quickly turned his head away, skittishly making his way to a table where a customer called him.

He is cute.

A looming presence of someone over our table made me look away from Lucas back to the root. I scrunched my face in a scowl at Marco who was standing in front of me.

"What?" I grumbled out, annoyed at him for being near my friends.

"Dante called me, he wants us to head back." He answered. shrugging his shoulders. 

"I am not leaving right now." I scoffed out in frustration and anger.

"You can go, Queenie. We will also head out." Damien said, palming his mouth as he yawned.

Emma looked at Damien in confusion, disbelief and treachery. She narrowed her eyes at him in duplicity and hurled her words at him.

"There is no we, you dimwit. If you want to go back, leave without me. I am not going back until and unless the sun sets." She huffed, glaring at him.