Chapter~20

Like
.
.

.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.

.

Dante's POV:

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. For the first time, there will be a truce signed and peace will prevail."

Why did I agree to meet this disgusting prick? Bastards are aware of my stand concerning their practices involving flesh trade. 

"Luigi Giordano, I expected something better taking in your desperation to arrange this meeting. However, I am highly disappointed considering you wasted my precious time." My words hinted that I had no interest in joining hands with them.

Not when what they do ruins the life of innocents at extreme cost. 

"As always, it is hard to please your expectations. Then, Mr. Rossi, I tell you what, one day I will present an offer that you won't be able to decline." His words irked me to an extent. What is he trying to say?

"I believe you are not stupid to threaten me." I raised an eyebrow at him, my eyes staring at him blankly. 

"Of course not. I won't risk waging a war between the families." He chuckled.

"Let's end this meeting. Marco will escort you outside our club." I ignored Luigi's extended hand and pointed to the door. Marco caught the drift and left with Luigi.

"I loathe those bastards." Vincenzo muttered.

The question is who doesn't despise those bastards?

"Did you get any information on Van?" Vincenzo questioned.

"No. Even if I did, I wouldn't tell anyone." I shrugged my shoulders, getting up from my chair.

"But we deserve to know if you do find something." His statement made me frown. 

"What do you mean by 'deserve'? So far, I believe none of us actually deserve to know shit." I scoffed. Deserve? What a joke.

"But we are her brothers, her family." He softly justified his 'deservedness'. 

"Does she consider you, her brother? Or does she accept us as her family? I don't fucking think so. If given the chance, she would rather choose skulls and bones over us any day."

"Skulls and fucking what?" Vincenzo frowned not able to understand what I said. This morning I received a random package with a fake skull and fake blood all over it. A note that said, 'Your office is in dire need of something not-so-boring', was attached to it.

As weird as the gift was, I actually smiled and put that shit on my desk. How could I not? My sister gave it to me. 

There was a knock on the door and Marco's figure popped in. 

"I don't know how you will react to this but I'm just letting you know. Nic and Matthew are in the club." 

"That's normal. Why is that making you shake in your boots?" I asked, aware that it was something else that was making him nervous.

"Yeaah...It is your sister. She is with them and from what I could tell, she is wasted." Vincenzo, the mother hen, ran out of the office like his butt was on fire. 

"It is fine. Let her have fun but make sure she is safe." I commanded, earning a nod from him.

When he was about to leave, I stated further "And don't let her leave. I will drive her back home."