Chapter~15

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy 😊
.
.
.

Nicolo's POV:-

*Thump*

I jerked awake when a loud noise joltered me. Through a hazy mind, I looked at my surroundings. I realised I was sitting outside Vanessa's room, and it was her who just got out of her room.

“Why are you sitting on the floor?” She asked, staring at me with bafflement. From her question, the conversation I had with her replayed in my mind and the reason behind me sitting here became crystal clear.

Can you make sure no one disturbs me?’ That was what she asked me to, and I was making sure no one decides to become an intruder to her. Although, drifting into slumber was not a part of my task.

“I was looking out for you.” I grinned, standing up and stretching my stiff muscles.

“Oh” She replied, holding Whiskey in her one arm and a cat-food pack in another.

“Your son hungry?” I questioned, scratching my nephew's head making him emit a purring sound that cat generate.

She just hummed, turning away and making her way towards the stairs. I climbed down the stairs with her, taking the packet she was carrying into my hand, so that she can hold Whiskey with both her arms.

“You speak barely.” I commented, deeply noticing her face just in case she shows any emotions on her blank face, void of any reaction.

For a moment I thought she won't reply, but after a second of silence, she grunted a response.

“I speak truth. Truth makes people bitter.”

Her response was merely two sentences, but they told what many sentences wouldn't be able to. My sister loves to talk in riddles or maybe she prefers to hide behind them. Because you can try to interpret all her words, never will you be able to decipher what she really means. Why? Our interpretations will be a theory that we will come up with by merely scratching the surface of her words, and it will only be Vanessa who can drown deep into her own words and mean something we could never even guess.

It is something I picked up when I really paid my attention to her words. Those questions she doesn't like, she never answers them straightforward which is quite opposite to her downright nature.

“I would rather hear the truth than some sickly sweet lies and deceit.” I said honestly, as we neared the kitchen.

It may be my hallucination, but I swear I witnessed her lips twitching. But not even a single second, the action vanished. Did it really happened or do I need to get my eyes checked?

“Even a most honest person hides skeletons in their closet. To uncover those sickly sweet lies and deceit, you need to break open that safely locked closet.”

I didn't expect her to continue our conversation, albeit she did. The words being shared might be an enigma that I might be unaware of, but like she just said, all I need to do is find the paradox one keeps hidden.

A bonus for me, I love mysteries and I am damn skilled in breaking open locks of secured treasure.

“Then one must continue a treasure hunt to discover those skeletons.”

She understood what I meant, but my brothers, who for some reason are always in the damn kitchen, looked at me like I was talking gibberish.

For them, yes. For my sister? It was something else.