Chapter~13

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy 😊
.
.
.

P.s. The song really has the same vibe as this chapter<3

Angelo's POV:

Fuck.

I groaned, replaying all the interactions I had with my sister. When she introduced herself, she was as cold as ice, not even bothering to fake a smile. Then I don't know what the fuck happened, but later she flipped.

First, she grinned maniacally, demanding an apology and later in the night, she collided into my body with a force, and I had fallen down, losing my balance. What really irks me is that she intentionally kicked my foot causing me to fall again. Then she stepped on my hand as she strutted away.

Throughout everything, she was smiling with a crazy glint in her eyes, and in the world my family belongs to, it is something we are aware of. Her eyes screamed her need for chaos and destruction. But what I can't grasp is the fact that she supposedly led a normal life, how can she be our world crazy?

From everything, I have decided to make amends with the fact that I am wrong. She is fine and normal, prefer to get even if you try to mock her or do something she doesn't appreciate. I was just paranoid and have been looking for excuses to dislike her because she is fucking normal and doesn't belong in the world where killing people is like breathing air.

Dante said something about her to live under supervision of parents or, in this case, guardian until she turns 23. What is difficult to understand is the concept of why? There is no answer to that question. Either Dante is not telling us, or he too doesn't have the answer to that question.

When Dante informed us that our sister, who we thought was dead, is alive it was tough to swallow the newfound information. Even though I am against her living in Italy with us doesn't change that I am happy to know that she is alive and living a normal life. My heart was also over the moon when we first saw her.

But what is troublesome to abide by is the truth that she will be staying with us. It puts her in a vulnerable position of being attacked by our enemies. It's the reality of Cosa Nostra. The enemy with no morals always targets women. They kidnap them and break them apart in worse ways possible. Women had to endure things that one should not even think upon someone, but that's the truth.

I fear that if we failed to protect her, she will be met with fate worse than any cruelty. The thought alone scares the crap out of me, and the reality and chances of it happening to her makes a feeling of agony ripple in my heart. I don't want her to get hurt.

And it's a matter of time before it happens. People tell me to be positive, but there is nothing positive about the notion that sooner or later, I won't be by her side and something bad will happen to her. That's why, I want her to leave. No matter how much I crave to have a brother-sister bond with her, I would rather she hate even the idea of me, so that when I fail her and she blames me, it won't hurt her. Even if the prospect of her hating me might eat me alive, I would still choose that. 

"Angelo, have you seen Vanessa?" Armano asked, bringing my head up from the clouds back to the reality.

"No, I haven't seen her since breakfast." I answered, and his face paled at my response.

My heart began to thump as I got up from the couch. "What happened? Where is she?" I asked, keeping my emotions at the edge.

"I have searched every nook and corner of this house, but I can't find her. She is not in her room or bathroom. She is not here." He exclaimed, panic rolling out of him in waves.