Chapter~25

Like
.
.
.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.
.

Vanessa's POV:

"You are kidding me, right?" 

Emma and Damien shake their heads, scrunching their faces in a clown like expression. 

"Everyone here is either in undergraduate or post graduate programs. In other words, people here are not children." I exclaim in more of an exasperation instead of shock. What can be expected? Humans are just pure cruel and fucked in the head who only feel better about themselves when the look down on others with their arrogant noses. 

"That's what I also said. But being an adult doesn't stop people from becoming a damn bully." Damien shrugged his shoulders.

"Not at all surprising." I muttered, just as I spot Nicolo at the end of cafeteria, a drink in his hand and Matthew clinging to another. If I didn't know better, I would say they were a couple.

"You know what's surprising? The university does absolutely nothing about it. Mainly, because the bullies' parents are rich people who pay great donations. Sadly, the students who are talented and here on scholarship become the victims of bullying as they have no power to do crap." Emma shakes her head, discontent with how the world of money works. 

"Your brother is coming here." Damien points out, and soon enough, I feel a presence hovering behind me. 

"Surprise, sister!" Nicolo clears his throat.

I tilt my body sideway to get a glimpse of him and the leech attached to him like a joint body part. 

"It truly is a surprise." I raise my eyebrow in a mocking manner.

As if understanding the trail of my thoughts, Nicolo pushes away Matthew like a disease, and strutted to the empty chair besides Emma.

Matthew swat Nicolo on his head before taking a seat beside him. He grins at me and says, "Remember when I told you a girl won't leave me alone?" 

I nod at him. "I also remember you telling me that you found a solution to get rid of her."

"Of course, I did. Your brother is the solution I talked about." He proudly grins.

"That's very gay-ish of you." Emma snickered.

No, Emma is not homophobic. Emma, however, can never miss making a joke of literally anything. She might have said so many things offensive that even she has no clue are offensive. Not. She is aware of everything she says. She just couldn't care.

"I learnt from the best." He flips his non-existent hair in the air. 

"I am disowning this son of mine. He is such a disappointment to my name." Nicolo sighs, finally speaking.

"That's not very boyfriendish of you, my heart." Matthew gasps, faking a frown at his best friend.

"You are disgusting. Get away from me." Nicolo pushed Matthew's pouting face away before Matthew had the chance to kiss him.

'Drama queens? No. Dick-kings.' Psycho grinned, making her return known. 

'When did dick and drama became synonyms?' I asked, aware that no matter how much I try, I can't escape her presence. 

'Since always.' She rolled her eyes at me like I am uncultured. Joke's on her. 

"So, what have you taken up as your elective?" Nicolo asks, turning the focus of attention back on me.