Chapter~11

LIKE
.
.
.
COMMENT
.
.
.
ENJOY
.
.
.
The car came to a halt outside a small, but cozy looking cafe with a board with Cafe Turtle written on it. I was five minutes earlier than the time scheduled for our get-together. Turning my body a little sideways to see Marco, I stared him in the eyes and stated, " You can leave now."

He raised his eyebrows at me with a taunting smirk before his deep voice rang in the car.

"I am afraid I can't do that." 

"I am afraid that you will be doing that." I countered back, exiting the car. Unfortunately, he killed the engine and stepped out of the car as well.

Ignoring his existence, I walked to the door, pulling it open. The aroma of sweet and bitterness engulfed my senses as my eyes took in the interior of the place. The walls were white and decorated with lights and messages like 'Smart is the new sexy'. Every wall had something different written. The ceiling had big lights hanging with artificial flower stripes wrapped around them.

On one corner was a white bookshelf filled with various books as well as magazines. The furniture, in contrast to the white, was all black. My gaze soon situated on the two humans sitting at the table far in the corner.

I marched towards them, an unknown warmth spreading in my heart after detecting the familiar faces of my not-self-claimed best friends.

"Is that seat taken?" I asked, pointing to the empty chair.

Damien and Emma stood up, showcasing their bright grin. 

"A spirit was sitting there. But for a beautiful lady like you, I will ask it to go somewhere else." Emma bit her lower lip between her teeth, stopping herself from smiling like a Cheshire cat.

"It is the spirit of her last victim. Apparently, it wanted to haunt my friend here, but instead it's Emma haunting the poor spirit." Damien shook his head, playing along with whatever this was.

Emma pulled out her hand for a handshake and introduced herself like we were meeting for the first time. "Hi! I am Emma, a regular participant of Alcoholic Anonymous meetings."

"I am Vanessa, and no wonder you seem familiar." I replied, taking her hand in a firm handshake.

"If it matters, I am Damien. I am a part time hunter who kills a vampire with a wooden stake." Damien butted in, swatting Emma's hand away from mine before pulling me into a hug.

"Missed you so fucking much, Queenie." He whispered. I patted his back in a soft gesture, implying that I won't admit it loud, but I did miss him too.

Emma pushed Damien away before squeezing the life out of me.

"I can't believe we will be seeing each other more and more." She exclaimed. 

"I think that's enough." I whispered to her, trying to get her away from me. She was fighting my attempt to push her away.

"Damien? Can you get her off me?" I scowled at his laughing figure, but after he was done with his tee-hee, he pried Emma off me.

"You are not touching me ever again." I glowered at her smiling face. She just stuck out her tongue at me like a 5-year-old.

"You are no fun, Queenie" She pouted.

"Thanks for stating the obvious. Not like I care or anything, but how are you both?" Nonchalantly, I asked, making myself comfortable on the chair.

"Of course, you don't. But I have been good even though university is sucking my blood dry." Damien was the first to answer.

"I thought you hunted the blood-sucking monsters with a wooden stake. Yet you are letting this one be?" I tried to joke, but it wasn't funny.