Chapter~48

Like
.
.
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
.
.
Share/Follow
.
.
.
~ Constructive feedback is appreciated~
.
.
.
♦ Please don't be a silent reader,and at least leave a like to motivate me♦
.
.
.

Vanessa's POV:

"What are you doing here?" Alessandro narrowed his eyes at me, pointing an accusatory finger as if I were a criminal caught red-handed.

"Just thought I'd drop by to liven up the joint," I replied casually, flashing a mischievous grin.

"Ah, so it's you who's been stealing all the good vibes," Alessandro retorted, his tone tinged with sarcasm.

"Guilty as charged," I quipped, winking playfully.

Armano, who had been silent up until now, finally spoke up. "How do you two know each other?" he asked, curiosity evident in his voice.

"That's classified information, buddy," the old man and I chorused simultaneously, exchanging knowing looks before bursting into laughter, him not me.

"But seriously, what is it with you two?" Nicolo propelled, trying to get some more details.

"Oh, just your typical love-hate relationship," Alessandro answered with a shrug, shooting a sideways glance at me.

"More like hate-hate," I muttered under my breath, earning a playful shove from him.

Alessandro  decided to cut in. "Alright, enough chit-chat. Why are you here?" he asked, getting straight to the point.

"Well, dad, remember when I said I had a bombshell to drop?" Dante cut in. Alessandro nodded, anticipation written all over his face. "Well, brace yourself, because we found our sister."

"Huh..." Alessandro's eyes widened in realization. "Vanessa... Vanessa Rossi... Vanessa Denaro Rossi. How the hell did I overlook this?" he mumbled to himself, as if trying to process the information.

"Bravo, Sherlock, dementia creeping in?"" I teased, unable to resist the opportunity for a jab.

Alessandro shot me a mock glare before turning back to Dante. "Well, I'll be damned. How did we miss this?"

"Must be old age catching up to you, old man" I teased, earning a playful swat on the arm from Alessandro.

He  stared at me in mock offense, though a hint of amusement danced in his eyes. "I'm not that ancient, you troublemaker. Besides, you never mentioned your last name or anything."

"Great way to show your efficiency, no wonder you retired from your position," I shot back, relishing the chance to tease him further.

"Hey, watch it, or I'll put you in timeout," Alessandro retorted, his tone mockingly stern.

I chuckled, unable to contain my amusement. "Ah, the threats of a retired man. Truly terrifying."

Dante shook his head, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Well, this is certainly unexpected."

"Tell me about it," I muttered, feeling a mix of excitement and apprehension coursing through me.

Suddenly, the atmosphere shifted, and Alessandro gazed at me with a seriousness that caught me off guard. "Can I hug you, queen?" he whispered, his voice filled with emotion.