Chapter~31

Sooo, there are a few readers that I want to thank. Especially  snortinglitter  SheWhoLovesPineapple daddydeepthroat ApoorvajoisDN billieeilishslay Dayzsharwk citampricenepisem and ChriMaMu .

A few of you have been supporting me since the original version, while others found me later. But all of you have been supporting me CONSTANTLY. You guys are one of the reasons why I continue to write this. 

I am always seeing your support, and it means a lot to me.

Heartfully, a thank you.

And let's add a newest one also- B-book-k

Love you guys, <3333

Like

.
.
.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.
.

Shadow's POV:

People fear the darkness the night brings. But should they? Or the darkness, the ugly poison that resides in their heart and mind is scarier? In my opinion, both are evil, but the real monsters are the one creeping around in the dark, keeping an eye on these people. People should fear these cruel bastards as they have found solace within the sinful gloom.

These wicked shadows don't cry after seeing someone in pain, they don't weep at the death of the cherished one, they are just there. Lurking around, their presence so undetectable that no one can identify them. This actually makes it easy for me because I can easily blend with the crowd where I don't belong. 

Where I should not be. 

My hands ball into fists, the sight in front of me so sinister, so cruel and yet, I can't do anything. At least not yet.

An agonizing scream ripped through the air, alerting my senses. Leaving my post. I hurried my steps towards the noise. The sight in front of me was never new, yet it always killed my insides more. I always think I no longer have a heart, no care but with every brutalized sight, a piece of me that I was unaware of chips away.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Boss clearly ordered us to not add another scratch on these or no one would buy them. If that happens, boss will kill you." 

Hearing my words, the man retrieves the heel of his boots from the burned back of the little girl. A part of me wanted to tell the girl that a few moments longer, and everything will be okay. But that would be a lie. Nothing will ever be okay or normal for her. 

"Go guard the gate." I ordered, and the bastard struts away on my command. 

I slowly and carefully make my way towards the small girl, afraid to scar her more. She looked at me with so much agony and fear, increasing the desire to hurt the bastards that did this to her so voraciously. 

"It is ok. I am not going to hurt you." I slowly slide down to my knees besides her, my hands where she can see them. This is the least I can do for now.