Prologue

PROLOGUE ・゚゚・ ROWAN RUSSO | AGE 10
"I don't want that." Angelina pouts, her big eyes welling, With tears. they are beautiful, green, and slightly hazel on the inside.

Angelina is beautiful, but right now, she's crying, and I want to do anything to make her stop, "Why? You don't like chocolate?" I ask, we're still new best friends, two other guys are closer to her than I am.

I'm not that close to them though, anyway, "If my mom notices that I climbed from my room to come and meet you she'll kill me." I exclaim, widening my eyes, she looks up, her tears stopping.

"I'm sorry, I don't want you to get upset." She murmurs, softly, and reaches out for me, I smile and hug her, loving that her tears have stopped now, "So...you don't like chocolate?" I repeat my question, smiling widely.

She shakes her head, blinking a couple of times before her eyes settle on my pocket, "Are those sour patches?" She grins, and I instantly retrieve them, handing them to her, "Yes." I respond, they were for me though, but I'm completely content that she's now fine.

She moved into our neighborhood a couple of weeks ago, and lately, her parents have been fighting a lot, so she'd come out in her garden, sit alone and cry, I noticed her from my room, it has a window that gives me a complete view of that.

I got out of it when her wails increased, I felt bad, and wanted to make her happy like when I'd make mom too, she always said that I give the best hugs, so I wanted to help her,

"I don't like chocolate." Her response stops my thoughts and my brows jump, "No?" That's so weird, "I don't like the taste of it, and well, I'm allergic so..." she laughs and my jaw falls open.

"I can't imagine how shitty that must be," I mutter under my breath, a life without chocolate does sound terrifying, she smiles a bit, and I think...she looks so pretty when she's smiling.

"Not...that bad I don't like it either way." She shrugs again, throwing one sour candy in her mouth and chewing on it before closing her eyes in pleasure, i sigh in satisfaction at making her happy, not happy but—not crying either.

That might be my only talent, my brother always says that though, so I'm going to use what I'm good at for the best, "How old are you?" I ask, trying to lighten the mood further.

"Nine." She sighs, smiling weakly, as she looks at me, "And you?" She asks, "I'm ten." I add under my breath, "What's your name?" She asks next and I smile, "You look like you're trying to be my friend." I tease.

Her cheeks redden and she looks down at the ground, "I didn't mean to embarrass you," I add quickly, "Yeah you seem sweeter than the other guys at school." She whispers, "What do you mean?" I ask, she doesn't attend the same school as us.

But we usually meet when our parents have some meetings since their business partners, our whole friend group is like that, however, Elias and I are the most wealthy out of all of them, according to Dad's words, that's why he's not partner with Elias's father, cause he doesn't need us.

Silas and Angelina are too, but not as much as us which is why, Silas's father is in business with Elias's, and the same with Angelina and me, it sounds like fate to be honest, we have another girl in our friend group too, Her name is Vera, she's Silas's friend I guess.

"They're just—I don't know, look, let's just talk about something else." She tries to cheer herself by brushing her new tears away and my stomach dims, you couldn't even help her stay happy,

"My name is Rowan." I reply to her earlier question, smiling warmly, "I'm Angelina." She says but I'm already aware, however, I still shake her extended hand, and my smile widens.

"I think we'll be really good friends, Angelina." I want her to be my friend.
"I think so too."

I thought wrong, I don't want Angelina as my friend, I want Angelina Moretti to be mine, soul, heart, body, and mind.

Everything.

What a lovely start 🙌🏻😍, a vote is really appreciated.
Side note: my chapters aren't usually short, that's cause it's a prologue 🩷, okay wanted to add another thing,
THAT IS NOT MY WRITING STYLE, it's just cause the guy is a kid so it's as if I'm writing from a child's pov.