Twenty eight

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT ANGELINA
My legs keep bouncing, up and down, up and down. Anxiety rushing through my veins at an incredibly fast pace.

Those past days have been a living hell with Rowan breathing down my neck, the tense eye contacts, the awkward interactions, I genuinely couldn't take it anymore, so here I'm.

Spending most of my day with my agent, practicing here and there with models, yet, my mind still seemed somewhere else, completely different place,

Rowan still didn't make an effort to defend himself.

Which disappointed me further, I really don't know why, maybe because I still clung to that hope, the hope of him being misunderstood, but well, at this point, I'm just tricking myself.

"Since you missed the show last week, you need to attend this one, you're missing on your best opportunities to shine, Angelina." Sophia warns, measuring my waist with a tape and then doing the same with the dress in her hand, stretching the material.

"This is x-small, think it'll fit?" She tilts her head to the side, it probably won't, "Uh, I wear small." I explain what she already knows, "I know but this can be like...an extremely tight type of a dress if you know what I mean." She offers lightly, arching a suggestive brow.

I sigh and slip on the said dress, it's definitely fucking tight, but well, it looks stunning I can see that, it's a one long-sleeved slim green dress, a couple of shimmers along the neckline, enhancing my collar bones.

"Perfect." She analyzes in satisfaction, it makes victory rush through my body but the other emotions inside of me are overwhelming, I can't even feel victorious for a moment without something cutting me off.

I needed a stronger distraction, I think of what Vera or Aurelia would say about this, I still haven't informed either of them about what's happening, mainly cause I can't talk about it, I'm avoiding this as much as I can.

Cause the moment I do, I'll break, sobs and tears, I'm not ready for that, Rowan's constant presence is already keeping me on edge, the only reply I get from them in my thoughts at least is something along the lines of get laid.

That's probably what Vera would say, I can definitely see her doing it, it'll be a temporary kind of a distraction since I already attempted it before, but well, I'm desperate for anything at the moment.

Moments later after I'm done with today's work, I get dressed back in my casual clothes, the hoodie and sweat pants, placing my sun glasses on the top of my head.

I'm getting my phone tonight.

That means two things, first one, I can finally escape the presence of Rowan Russo, physically for now, because I fucking know that he won't leave my mind, not now, never possibly.

Second thing, I can get laid, well, I dodge the idea of just walking into a bar and finding a great fuck, I don't have the energy, so I'll finally use Asher's name that's been saved up my contacts for months now.

It's a month and a couple of days but I'm in the mood for being dramatic.

After what seems like a long beat of contemplating possibilities, I walk out of the room, the cold air hits me and I breathe in the fresh scent, feeling my tense muscles slightly calm as I approach my Jeep.

Getting inside with a thud, breathing out, that's the only way that works to calm me down when I'm on the verge of snapping like right now, it's a psychological habit I learnt through therapy.

Yeah, therapy, went to it after Nichola's shit, it was the cherry on top to the misery I felt due to the fallout of my earlier friendship with Rowan, it didn't help at all at the beginning.