Forty

CHAPTER FORTY ROWAN
Remember that impulsive thought of marrying Angelina in a week?
It's been postponed a bit but it's finally here.

I'm fucking proposing tonight, and the nerves rushing through my body as possibilities start crawling up my mind are unlike anything I've ever felt.

"You don't know how to cook." She states as if I'm not hyper aware of that fact, I blink a couple of times, "Best time to start learning then." I tease and smile playfully as I scroll through my phone.

Desperately searching for an easy recipe that I can follow, you're probably wondering why the fuck I'm torturing myself like this, but well, knowing Angelina, her dream proposal is filled with candles, red wine and a classy dinner in a luxurious dress and suit.

"Okay, I'm gonna go now, hopefully you won't poison me by the end of this day." She hopes and smiles widely before kissing me on the cheek as she grabs her keys, looking in a hurry, "Bye!" She says before closing the door behind her and slipping out.

Lovely, I have a couple of hours to get everything set up, but most importantly, the ring, it's already done and ready all I have to do is get it from the jewelry store.

I need to calm my erratic heartbeats or I'll be going into cardiac arrest before I even propose, Jesus Christ.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"If you think, about letting this info slip to Aurelia I'm going to kill you and cut you up in pieces." It's an empty threat, but it sounds serious enough for Elias to arch an eyebrow at me.

"Of course I'll tell her, but she won't tell Angelina, so, everything will be fine then." I roll my eyes at his clinginess but then realize that I'm probably worse, i eye Silas who's sitting opposite of us, on his phone.

Scrolling through god knows what, looking concentrated more than ever, as if he can sense us staring, he slowly looks up, a bored expression filling back his face other than the minute interest he showed.

Weird, "If you even think about telling Vera—" I start but his glare stops me as he speaks, "Vera and I don't chat for that matter, don't worry." He assures and I narrow my eyes, not swallowing the lie.

He rolls his eyes, "We fucking talk but the few words are usually attempts." He doesn't explain further but I read through the empty spaces, attempts of making her fall for him.

That's what he's saying, the thing is, I'm hundred percent sure that Vera is attracted to the guy, the looks, the glimpses she throws every now and then, the way her expression brightens whenever her eyes land on his, yeah that isn't normal between friends.

But since he's fucking stupid with relationships, he's probably convinced that she doesn't, or maybe he isn't since he's a certified narcissist, he probably thinks that every person that makes eye contact with him is in love.

God, the guy has always been hard to read, but as he grows older, it becomes fucking harder to do so, to even cut through his barriers, and honestly, if my mind wasn't so crowded with someone else maybe I'd have teased him about Vera and got out a few words.

But someone else is more important right now, "This should be filmed." Elias adds after a beat, I raise a questioning eyebrow, he shrugs like I'm stupid for contemplating this, "It's a metaphor." He explains as if I'm not fucking aware, I don't make a point of correcting him.

Too caught up in my thoughts to do so as I recall every single thing Angelina said when we had that goddamn talk, it was painful, since I thought that I succeeded at making her think that I was perfectly recovered from whatever this is.