Six

CHAPTER SIX ANGELINA
"You're both traitors." I eye Vera and Aurelia as they sit on the couch, smiles plastered over their faces, both for different reasons.

Aurelia because Elias surprised her with a rose bouquet moments ago, while Vera is happy cause it's her birthday, so it's a tradition to have a girls' night.

But with Elias and Rowan's presence, it's not such a girls' thing tonight, unfortunately, "Stop glaring." Aurelia nudges my shoulder playfully, arching her brow as she smiles lopsidedly.

I roll my eyes, Rowan made a deal with them so that they'd take the next flight, "So? Why don't we go party?" Vera exclaims, Aurelia yawns and I blink, it's midnight.

Since their flight was extremely late, Rowan and I were stuck together for hours, of living hell, god, "I don't have the energy in me for a party." Aurelia states, hands raised innocently.

"Tomorrow," I assure lightly, blinking away my tiredness, Vera herself looks like she's content with the reactions.

From how it looks, they're all staying over, I have only two rooms in my apartment, one is mine and the other is a guest room.

"My back is hurting, you're not gonna leave me on the couch right." As if Vera is reading my thoughts, she points a finger at me, I narrow my eyes, "Well, Elias and Aurelia will take the guest room." I start.

But she hurries there first, "I'm taking yours, I adore the bed." I normally wouldn't mind in the slightest, but it's the fact that I know this will make me stuck with Rowan, both of us on the couches here.

"Take it," I grumble under my breath since I don't want to upset her, it's her birthday for fuck's sake and since we won't be able to party tonight, I'll let her sleep in my bed as a form of a gift.

"Thank you." She exclaims, smiling widely and I sigh, avoiding Rowan's eye contact that I can feel burning a hole through my body,

But then my eyes uncontrollably flit around the room, Elias has his legs crossed, and one arm caging Aurelia in his hold as she leans down on his chest, a smile finding its way across his lips surprisingly, all the years I grew up with the guy.

I've never seen him as happy as he is right now, It feels peaceful to look at him nowadays, even though peaceful isn't a word I'd use to describe Elias generally, but with Aurelia, he might as well be.

After what seems like an eternity, Aurelia decides to break the silence by clearing her throat awkwardly, "Something is going on, Isn't it?" She asks under her breath, confusion filling her features slightly as she looks around.

"No."
"Yes."

Both Rowan and I answer at the same time, you can easily tell who said each, I spare him a glare and he smiles, two dimples making an appearance on his cheeks, adding to his charming aura.

"Lovely." Aurelia swallows down her water, watching us with curiosity sparking in her green eyes, "I know." Rowan's smile widens and my glare thickens.

Moments pass, and random topics are spoken, but I pay no attention, my mind is in a completely different state right now, replaying my mother's earlier call.

I don't even realize what's happening until Elias and Aurelia stand up, waving us goodbye as they disappear into the guest room like they always do, Vera looks at me with slight guilt in her eyes before it completely vanishes.

Shrugging, "I'll go sleep too, so sorry." She whispers only for me to hear and I glare up at her, it's playful, which just makes her smile widens, I roll my eyes and give her a wave forcefully as she disappears inside my room.