Ten

CHAPTER TEN ROWAN
"This should be reversed, Angel." I point out as I look at her.

The nickname is currently literal because Angelina is dressed in a goddamn Angel costume, while here I'm, dressed as a devil, she glares up at me and I smile wider.

She looks stunning, her long hair is styled to perfection, and the white dress she's wearing reaches above her knee, "Ooh you're dressed in a matching costume, that's so adorable." Vera exclaims, her smile widening, She's dressed up as Harley Quinn.

I share a look with her and she winks discreetly, telling me that she knows what I'm hinting about, "It wasn't intentional." Angelina instantly blurts out, as if it's so bad that we're matching.

"No shit," I mutter under my breath and she narrows her eyes in my direction, I'm already pissed off today from an earlier call from my father, so I'm not entirely in the mood for Angelina to give me shit about trying.

You deserve the torture.

I fucking do, but my mind is fucked up at the moment, a question floats in Angelina's eyes, she looks slightly surprised by my tone, not annoyed as I'd have expected.

Her lips part as if she's gonna say something but the sound of footsteps stops her, my eyes settle on the source, and shock courses through my body as I take in Elias's costume, A laugh ripples from my throat and he glares.

Aurelia is grinning widely at me though, it's easy to notice who they're dressed as especially due to the scowl on Elias's face, it's also easy to realize who chose the costumes.

Barbie & Ken.

"You look handsome, I promise," Aurelia assures under her breath as if the fucker needs assurance, he has an ego that's in the fucking sky. But I'm one to talk, since that may be one of the few things that we share.

"Yeah? Tell me about it." The corner of his lips lifts and he glances at her, heart eyes. It's equally hilarious and cute if you think about it, I ignore their bickering and focus on Angelina.

Whose eyes are already on me, She's been acting weirdly the whole day, and I have no idea why, right now we're on our way to a Halloween party, at a nearby bar,

"What's wrong?" I ask under my breath, my concern spiking stronger than ever, she stares at me for a beat, "Later." She surprises me by answering, she's not exactly a people person but that's not what surprises me.

It's the fact that she didn't throw one of her 'I'm fines' in here, I narrow my eyes on her state a bit before reverting my attention somewhere else,

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"You're not fucking around today, shocking." Elias's dry voice meets my ears and I narrow my eyes in his direction, "I seriously cannot take you seriously." I point out, arching a dry brow, his expression hardens.

Black eyes squinting in my direction, I roll mine, "Repeating seriously in the same sentence is making your statement less believable." God, annoyance spreads through my body at his remark.

But I don't protest further, not having the energy in me, "Everything okay?" He retrieves a cigarette and places it between his lips, with a glass of whiskey too, a question floating in his eyes, his question takes me aback though.

Elias isn't the type who checks up on people, he's not the type who cares generally, and while I need to get this out, Elias isn't the one I want to direct my thoughts at.

He'll offer logic, sure, I don't want fucking logic right now, Angelina will too, if you think about it from one aspect, they're very similar it's actually terrifying sometimes, but Angelina has some sympathy, and she shows emotions when she wants to, or at least to me.