Epilogue

EPILOGUE ANGELINA
YEARS LATER...
It's been four years since I married Rowan, four years since I walked down the isle to him, when he became mine on paper.

When we announced it to every single person out here, it was an unforgettable night, we didn't invite a lot of people, our friend group and a couple more friends, other than that, only my mother attended the wedding, and none of Rowan's parents came, because we didn't invite them.

Which was his wish, and mine, but I didn't admit that until far after the wedding, that was his choice and my opinion didn't have a place in it, till this day, sometimes I just keep recalling the night over and over again.

I've never been this happy in my life back then, hearing that from me, you'd think that our marriage went downhill, it's anything but that, it only went uphill from that point.

My fingers trace the picture I'm staring at, Rowan is carrying me in it, and I'm laughing, while he's staring down at me, that look always altered my mind, it stuck through it, it's one I still see everyday from my husband.

"Good morning, Angel." His raspy voice cuts off my thoughts and my lips tip upward as I look up from my hand, eyes clashing with his before they start descending down his naked chest.

Truth is, a part of me thought that there was a point where your attraction toward your partner would lessen a bit, but well, it still feels like I'm a horny teenager whenever I'm around him, it's both embarrassing but refreshing actually.

speaking of that, Rowan's physique has only developed along the years, he's gained more muscle, but he's still lean, the hard ridges are sharp, defined and seductive.

It never gets boring around here, not with him, I stand up and wiggle my eyebrows as I place the wedding catalogue on the bookshelf, he eyes it before his eyes snap to mine.

Glistening with a question, "Why don't we go on a date?" I start, teasing as I try to catch a hint if he remembers what today is, "I'd rather spend my anniversary with my wife alone, how does that sound?" He wouldn't actually, but his response is worded like that so he tells me that my tricks won't work as his lips tip upward in a victorious smile.

I nudge him hard, but it's still nothing, I bet he didn't even feel it, "Ouch." He mocks, and rubs his skin, i roll my eyes but a small smile stretches across my lips, "I got you something." My love language isn't exactly spoiling Rowan like that, it's the other way around.

I normally include physical touch at any possible opportunity, but today, he deserves a present from me, it's just the fact that I'm always so confused on what to get him.

But this time it wasn't so hard since I dreamed of it, yeah just like that, it's definitely a sign.

"I'm curious." His response pulls me away from my destructive thoughts, "Stay curious, you aren't getting it right now." I tell him the truth and his brows furrow in confusion.

My hand traces along his chest, stopping at my name that's tatted on the left side of his chest, right on his heart.

That was one of his presents to me, it's my favorite.

Over the years, normally, Rowan would make dinner, light up some candles and buy me a new dress or a flower bouquet, oh, he still isn't great in kitchen, but he's much better than before I gotta give him the credit for that though.

Even if our late dinners on that table have been filled of tense topics and slight arguments lately, i still love them, he brushes a strand of my hair away, "You're not mad about yesterday?" As if he can sense my mood.

"Or is this an apology? Saying that I'm the one who's right and all." He jokes and tilts his head to the side, "I still stick by my choice, but I'm sorry about my Burst out, however, that's still not the reason behind that, I got you a gift for our anniversary." I explain softly.