Four

CHAPTER FOUR ANGELINA
Rowan apparently disappeared after the show four days ago, the moment I stepped a foot outside, he was...boom, gone.

I bet that's one of his methods to make my thoughts revolve around his ass, I put some moisturizer on my face and slowly rub it in, sighing in satisfaction as I stroll out of the bathroom.

Thankfully, Rowan hasn't been involved in my life lately, just my thoughts, Speaking of that, today is gonna be full of distractions since Aurelia and Vera are coming over,

Elias and Silas hopefully will stay out of it cause I'm genuinely not in the mood to put up with their grumpy attitudes,

"Angel, sweetheart." My mother's gentle voice pulls me away from my thoughts and I look at the phone screen again, "Hey." I breathe out, "What were you thinking?" She asks, smiling.

I sigh exaggeratedly and contemplate telling her but I push the thoughts away, "Nothing, how are you doing?" I ask instead and she thins her lips in a line, telling me that she clearly senses my lie.

"I'm okay, How are you?" She repeats, her green eyes filled with worry, and her dark skin shining beneath the sunlight, "I had a show a couple of days ago." She's already aware of that but I'm trying to ditch the topic off the whole 'How are you' stuff.

She smiles proudly, "Oh I know, you looked stunning." She compliments and I can't help the warmth spreading through my body at her words, "I want to tell you something." She adds after a beat and my concern spikes at her tone.

My mother isn't normally a confrontational person, that's why she seems so fucking nervous, "Okay." I let out under my breath, not liking the turn this is taking, she sighs exaggeratedly.

"Your friend—Rowan, he called me." I quite literally choke on my next breath, "He what?" I splutter and she gestures with her hand for me to calm down and I narrow my eyes as I wait for her clarification.

"He told me about the 'deal'" She shocks me even further, I don't really understand if I should've seen this coming or not, Rowan is an unhinged motherfucker but not to—this extent.

Not to tell my mother this especially since he's not sure about her decision, "I'm going to murder him." I don't even realize that I muttered my thoughts away until my mother laughs.

The sound softens my heart but the circumstances aren't on my radar at the moment, I run a hand through my hair, "I said no." I state, "Yes, he told me, I'm not telling you that so that you can change your decision I'm just saying because I feel like that's what you wanted to tell me." She protests softly.

I sigh in defeat, pinching my eyes, "What's the point of him telling you?" I wonder out loud, I normally don't find explanations behind his actions but this is a bit odd, "Maybe so that I can—side with him." She shrugs, smiling lightly as if she's recalling a memory.

My mother loved Rowan, she treated him like a son, he spent most of the time over at our house, his mother neglected him, it hurt him clearly, and neither I nor my mother could swallow that fact down, Subconsciously, we started to form a soft spot toward him.

Not out of pity,

He was a lovely boy, that's actually the only way to put it, the first time we met he comforted me in his arms while we were kids because at the time it was one of my father's episodes where he'd hit and yell at anyone in view.

"Are you?" I ask, ignoring the possibilities rising up my throat, "No." She pauses before replying which spikes my suspicions, "I'm not siding with him or you, okay, it's a weird situation, to be honest." She admits, looking slightly confused.