Twenty two

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO ANGELINA
I wake up in Rowan's arms again.
But this time, we're in his bed.
Naked.
Or half-naked anyway.

We didn't have sex, that's what I remember, I straighten, paranoid as I recall what happened, we just kissed and made out, and while I didn't mind having sex with him, not at all actually, it's just the fact that I don't remember.

"Hey hey." His soft soothing tone pulls me away from my racing thoughts and he must sense the question in my eyes, "Did we...?" My words trail off, "We didn't have sex, Angelina, you're fine." He forces, brows furrowed.

I sigh in relief. "It's nothing, really, I just thought I wasn't..." I let the words trail off, grimacing as I realize how messed up they sound, they sound as if I don't trust him.

But that's really not the case.

His face twists in pain and I realize where his thoughts are, "I wouldn't do anything without your consent, sweetheart, I thought that was fucking obvious." He grits out, eyes sharp, "Yes of course, I trust you, Rowan, you know it." I snap.

His eyes narrow, not understanding either my sudden burst, or the tension I was feeling earlier, I wasn't raped if that's what's on his mind. Maybe indirectly, till now I really cannot decide, But I sometimes woke up, not remembering if I had sex the earlier night, and shock is, I'd find Nicholas informing me that we indeed did have sex.

It took a while until I figured out what used to happen, he'd spike my drink, cause he didn't enjoy sex when I was awake, see how fucked up that sounds? Yeah that's how most of our relationship was, what was his reasoning to that preference? The fact that I didn't like certain positions, almost laughable.

When I look back at my childhood best friend, the guy I grew up with and trusted, I find his eyes full of worry and concern, I can't just flat-out assure him unless he asks and he won't, so this mystery will stay unsorted.

"Do you regret what happened yesterday?" He asks after a beat and my eyes widen as I squirm in my place, "What? No." I say almost instantly, which doesn't help with his fucking suspicion, "Angelina." He adds sternly.

Voice hard and sure, "I enjoyed it. It was mutual, I wanted it." My cheeks heat up at the reminder and I feel fire erupting in my stomach, he nods after a beat, "Okay." He lets out.

Awkward silence spreads in the air and no one utters anything to cut it off, "Do you?" I find myself asking, sudden insecurities building up in my stomach, shock fills his features, "I thought I was drooling." He lets out with a smile.

My tense muscles ease and I relax in my place, pulling the sheets tighter over me, I'm in my underwear, so not completely naked but still, this is more intimate than anything we've done before, anything.

I just hope it doesn't complicate whatever this is between us further, i bet it will.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

We visited his father about two hours ago, and currently, we are just walking along the streets of New York, mind empty, stomach full, yeah cause we had about three street hotdogs a moment ago, the walking will burn them off hopefully.

My phone vibrates in my hold and I scan the screen to find no one other than Sophia, screaming at me, I huff out a breath of frustration, "Something wrong?" Rowan asks, turning to look at me.

"No. This woman just doesn't understand what no means." I realize it sounds more twisted than I intended as I speak the words but at the moment, I don't have energy to correct anything.

"Your agent?" He asks, I nod, "You have a show?" He assumes, raising a brow, "Yes, in two days." I don't want to make him feel bad about this but at the same time, I'm not going to lie.

He nods, and I can't entirely understand the emotion filling his features, "So you're leaving?" He adds after a beat and my eyes widen, "What? Of course not." I gap.

His brows furrow, "You said...oh." He adds in realization, eyes sparkling with something I've never witnessed before, moments pass in silence as we continue walking.

"When my father stands back on his fucking feet and we go back to LA, I promise you that we'll discuss what we left." He intercepts, my throat clamps shut and I can't help but nod.

Feeling my stomach flip at the possibilities of how this might turn out, "Okay." I let out, not knowing how to react exactly, we continue walking in silence before my phone rings in my hold.

Turning it off seems like the best solution to fix the headache forming at the back of my head at this moment, My heart nearly jumps in my chest as I stare at the screen.

I don't know for how long, before I snap out of it and decline, I blocked Nicholas days ago, so now, all i keep getting are unknown numbers all over again, when I look at Rowan, I'm almost certain that he saw what just occurred.

But he knows where he stands, he can't just flat out ask me who's calling, I can easily dodge him off it, "Is someone bothering you?" He cringes as he asks. Lips twisting, I don't flat out say no, it'll look suspicious, "I'm seriously okay."

He tilts his head, "I can see what you're doing, Angelina, that's not what I asked about." Unfortunately, he does know my tricks too well, it's both annoying and heartwarming, "It's not someone important." I say sincerely.

He searches my eyes for a lie, but then we're both interrupted again as a notification pops up, I read it almost instantly,
unknown: I know where you are, Angelina, darling, New York has brightened among the day you arrived back here.

My heart drops, and I don't even realize that Rowan is able to read the text too. Until he snatches the phone from my hands, reads the text over and over again, then turns to me, undeniable anger glistening in his brown eyes that seem to be turning black at the moment.

He narrows his eyes, "Do you know him?" He asks, worry dripping from his tone as he stares at me, "Maybe it's a her." I shrug, basically trying to switch the topic, "Not the time for this, Angelina, Do you know whoever this is?" He asks, voice harder, anger spiking in it.

"I know him yeah." I don't know why I'm admitting this but at the moment, it feels as if I have no way out of this, his jaw hardens, and his eyes narrow in anticipation, "He's been texting you since we arrived here, hasn't he?" He adds, voice stern.

"Yes." I choke out, how the hell did he know that? I don't have time to intercept before he speaks again, "Who the hell is he, Angelina?" He asks, he doesn't sound jealous, he sounds outraged actually.

Maybe even worried, I swallow, "It's a long story." I find myself saying to avoid speaking about it, but Rowan doesn't eat up my subpar attempts.

"And I'm all ears, Angel."

A vote is really appreciated.
Ok so if I'm in a great writing mood y'all will be getting two chapters a day so you better pray for me 🙏.