Three

CHAPTER THREE ANGELINA
"Suck it in." Sophia orders, I sigh exaggeratedly but do so as she zips up a dress that seems a size too small for me.

"What the fuck did you have for dinner last night, Angelina? You have a show tonight you can't be bloated." I recall yesterday's memories, a familiar brunet pops up in my mind but I ditch away Rowan's image.

"I just drank some goddamn champagne," I admit, not liking the lump down my throat, or the string of curses on the tip of my tongue.

"Drink water to get rid of that bloating, and eat the meal I left you." She hands me a bottle of water and leaves, letting my thoughts cloud my mind further.

It's still early in the morning so getting rid of the boating is possible, the woman is too...anxious, I gulp down half the bottle and swallow the urge of getting sick right now.

I grab my lunchbox and snap it open, eyeing what I'm supposed to eat for today, like she said, it's show time, so well, we basically starve ourselves that day, my eyes uncontrollably flit to the expensive silk forest green dress.

It contorts well with my dark skin, and my eye color for that matter, since they match almost typically, I embrace myself with deep breaths and force away the anxiety that's threatening to take over my mind.

Raising my chin as I eye the salad lying in front of me, it doesn't even look delicious, they probably made it with that intention so that I don't finish it.

Cucumbers, tomatoes, and cabbage, nothing more, nothing less, lovely, I place it down on the vanity, and look at myself in the mirror, my dark brown hair is styled into perfection, waves falling down my back.

Sharp jaw, and high cheekbones, but the hard edges end with full lips and round eyes, I've never had problems with my looks, not that big, just random insecurities that I'd shut off every now and then, but right now, the more I continue hearing the repetitive words being thrown into my ears, the more they seem to get into my mind.

Making a cozy place inside there, until they start turning into beliefs, not just thoughts, fuck, am I thinking too much of it? My phone ring startles all of that and I sigh.

Before grabbing my phone, Vera's name flashes over the screen and I answer instantly, my childhood best friend's voice meets my ears and my tense muscles relax, while Vera and I weren't similar.

We had an impeccable bond, sure enough, we disagreed a lot and argued, but at the end of the day, she was the closest figure I had to a sister, you know what's funny, it's the fact that my thoughts go around as if I actually don't have a sister.

Confusing, right? Because my dearest older sister doesn't even deserve that label, she's a stranger who grew up with me, one who bullied me too, and while I didn't like giving credit to people who didn't deserve it, she played a big part in shaping my personality, unfortunately.

Rosalina might as well be worse than the bullies I used to see on television, Rosalina and Angelina sound like royal names, we sure as fuck didn't act with any royalty, more like infelicity.

I push Rosa out of my thoughts and focus on Vera who's currently screaming my name, "I'm okay." I answer her repetitive question, "Thank god, what's wrong? You sound off." She analyzes and I rub my eyes.

I'm not the type who spills their whole life secrets to someone, but right now, I feel a weight on my chest that I desperately need to get off me, so I embrace myself with a breath and tell her everything that happened yesterday.

"Oh my god, Aurelia was right." She chokes out, laughing, "It's not funny." I deadpan, "Okay okay, will you stick with your decision?" She asks in a lower tone, "Yes." I admit.