Thirty six

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX ANGELINA
"Woah, this one is so far away." I point up, "Which one?" Rowan asks and I point again, clearer, "Here, this." I motion at the star I'm talking about.

"Yeah?" His voice reaches me but I'm too mesmerized by them, "Have I told you how fucking breathtaking you look?" He says in a cold low tone that startles my actions as I turn.

My eyes clashing with his, "No, tell me." I tease, wanting to feed my ego a bit more, just a bit, he arches a brow and pulls me to him, "You have this mole around your lips, it makes them look more kissable than they already do, it's tempting." He explains in a raspy voice.

"Yeah? How tempting?" I ramble on, my voice coming out hoarse as I feel my muscles tightening and heat rushing through my body at a fast pace, "I can show you." He arches a brow, his eyes flitting to my lips.

They stay there for a while before they snap back to my eyes, lust and need filling them, "Show me." I whisper and in no time I find his mouth on mine, devouring me, conquering my lips in a haze.

"Fuck." He curses and deepens the kiss further, his fingers snaking around my nape, his scent fills my nostrils and I moan in his mouth, feeling my body melting with his touch.

I don't know how long we stay like this, but I know that when we pull back I'm utterly breathless as I stare up at him beneath the moonless night, and hundred stars.

"I love you." I whisper the words I never thought I'd say but always believed, his expression softens so much that his features aren't as sharp, his eyes spark beneath the dimming light as he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ears.

The gesture fills my body with warmth and security, feeling safe and comfortable has been a feeling that stuck through my body the moment Rowan became this close to me.

"I love you more, Angelina." He whispers under his breath and I rest my head against his chest, listening to his erratic heartbeats, all these years I always cringed when I saw such a scene.

Or maybe that was the reaction my mind formed as a coping mechanism since I knew it would hurt if I accepted How much I actually wanted what people had.

I lived my life convincing myself and everyone around me that I hated affection and love, that I hated men overall maybe, the first part was never true, I just hated that it was never from the person I wanted.

I lived most of my life loving Rowan, and the rest of it trying to forget how much I did so.

Because it hurt.

But now, it doesn't, it was worth it all along, and even though it pains me that a conversation could've solved all this, but I still understand why This happened, everything has its own time in our world even if some of us are impatient.

Things will come by when they're meant to.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Like fuck you will." Elias's voice reaches me as I approach him, it's just us, which is never good, Aurelia and Rowan are out, buying cheesecake since she craved it, and honestly I'm too lazy to go out, it's midnight for fuck's sake.

Elias was insisting on taking her but eventually, it came to this, me and Elias sharing a pack of chips, "Oh I will." I shoot back, annoyed by the fucking attitude, the guy always thought like he was on top of the world or something.

Which is why we never got along really well, In discussing serious topics at least, like right now, we're fighting over a goddamn pack of chips. Talk about being childish.

But honestly. I'm not giving it up, after what seems like an eternity, I throw a couple of the said chips in my mouth and crunch down on them, turning on the tv as I find something to watch.

"We're not watching this." He disagrees almost instantly, turning in his seat as he glares at me, "You're so fucking boring." I complain, running a hand through my hair as I narrow my eyes in his direction.

He arches a brow, like I'm joking, "You're putting on a goddamn kid's movie and calling me boring?" He asks so coldly, so blandly I'm tempted to punch him, I ignore him, cursing under my breath as I breathe in and out.

A new rule: never stay in the house alone with Elias.

He makes me question my sanity sometimes, maybe that was dramatic but well, I don't regret it, "If you're so bored just leave." I say, knowing that he's staying either way cause of Aurelia.

He reads through my tricks, "That's unfair, clearly." He shoots back, and my lips tip upward in a victorious smirk, "Life is." I say in a low meaningful tone as I stare at him.

His black eyes seem to darken more if that's possible, but he doesn't protest again as he rolls his eyes, after a long moment of silence i break it for some reason, "Rowan would be excited." A soft smile tugs at my lips about that.

"Yeah cause that's Rowan." He says, shrugging, I narrow my eyes, anger spiking inside of my body, "So?" I ramble on, wanting to reach the end of his comment, he looks confused for a moment, "So his reaction will obviously be different from mine." He states.

I sigh, still feeling angry but my mind is pulling me back, "You got defensive about that." He analyzes, and his words settle in , did I? No, but I stay silent for some reason.

"You really fucking love him." He adds like it's some kind of a realization, "I always did." I admit something I wouldn't have said to Elias on normal days, for several reasons.

"That's how I feel about Aurelia, you know." Uh oh, this is getting interesting, is Elias seriously opening up to me? I'm all ears, I pay attention as he speaks and he notices it, "Don't get all excited it's not like you don't know." He states under his breath.

Looking pissed off by my reaction, "I know but it feels different hearing it from you." It was clear that she captured his attention the moment he saw her at her brother's apartment, it's just the fact that he never got into a serious relationship, never cared, never showed it, to anyone.

She was the first to bring this out of him, he loved her, it's clear in the way his eyes are sparking as he speaks about her, it's beautiful, and as much as I despise the guy sometimes like moments ago.

He deserves that peace, that happiness and joy she brings with her, to him, he didn't grow up in a lovely way, not at all, he grew up too early I know it, which is one of the main reasons why he's like that.

Closed off and mean I'd say, "I love her." He breathes out, as if admitting that feels good, "When im with her it feels as if..." he struggles to explain it so I help, "As if everything that bothered you before is forgotten, only peace." I explain what I feel with Rowan.

He nods over and over, "Yeah, just like that, it feels as if she brightens the whole day, her presence itself." He rambles on, he looks ahead of him, lost in his thoughts as his lips tip upward in a soft smile as if he's recalling a memory.

"I understand." I say because I do, it feels as if my whole body comes to life when Rowan is in sight, a knock on the door startles my thoughts and our conversation as I turn, standing up as I walk toward it.

Opening it to reveal both Rowan and Aurelia, grinning widely, she says something and steps inside, side stepping me as she walks toward Elias probably.

"Hello, Angel." Rowan says, smiling as he steps inside next, his smile causes one to uncontrollably slip over my face as I reach up, standing on my tip toes as I place a soft kiss on his lips.

He kisses back with a gentle pace, it's so subtle that it heals a part of my wounded heart, that's slowly coming back to life, but I'm patient.

I have all the time in the world to fix everything,
we do.

Damn sure, Rowan is the one who broke my heart, but he's also the one who mended it right back.

A vote is really appreciated 🙏😫.