Eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ANGELINA
"I'm not sleeping on the floor." He states, eyebrow raised as he slowly slips out of the bathroom, his words don't even reach me since surprise courses through my body at the sight.

Rowan's wet hair is messed and drooped over his face, he has a towel around his waist too, a bit lower if we're being specific, and ignoring him is work itself, and I'm extremely tired to even resist.

Sharp defined muscles, eight packs. Jesus it was no shock that he's an athlete, but god, I couldn't deny that he most definitely is hot, I actually never denied it for the matter, the muscles trail off with a defined cut v-line that leads to...

Snap out of it.

When I look back at the fucker's face, a smirk is stretched across it, one corner lifted, face filled with triumph and confidence as he approaches me with tortuous slow steps.

"I won't either." Since the asshole claims that he's a 'gentleman' better start acting like one too, "See? So we're agreeing, the only solution is sleeping together then, adorable." He states under his breath, slipping a black shirt over his neck.

"Don't make it sound like this." My lips twist in disgust. He arches a brow, "Better yet." I'm going to punch him. "Fuck you." I say mostly out of frustration, wishing it can piss him off too, his smirk just widens, "Exactly what I'm pointing at." Ah Jesus.

I bite my tongue to stop any unneeded attention, i then walk toward the puddle of snacks we bought hours ago, my heart longes for the ice cream in view, I haven't had one since months actually, Layla's words echo in my mind and my chest tightens.

I'm fine, I'm not struggling with anything, but well, it's a normal reaction since I've been deprived from any 'unhealthy' food lately, living on yogurt and veggies, after what seems like a beat I change my mind and abandon the snack.

Walk back in the bedroom and drop on the bed, Rowan is back in the bathroom, I stay seconds in peaceful silence before his footsteps interrupt it, he's now fully dressed, his hair is finger-raked mostly, his face isn't teasing or playful, he looks pissed for some reason.

I should feel victorious but I'm not, this isn't okay I hate the mood swings that happen to me toward the asshole every now and then I swear, I don't bother with asking about what's wrong so I just stare at him.

He sits beside me, then moments pass in silence, before he grabs something from his pocket and places whatever this is in my palm, confusion spreads through me but then my heart tightens in my chest to the point of pain as I notice what he just placed.

Sour patches.

It brings back numerous memories, in the same moment itself, "Thank you." I choke out, he smiles tipsily before his face turns blank again, something is wrong but I have no idea what it is.

"I'll go to the bathroom, play something on." I shrug and motion at the tv, he nods and I don't say anything as I get inside the said bathroom, I wash my face and put some moisturizer on, turn off the facet then scream.

I scream further when the sight in front of me proves that I'm not hallucinating, in seconds I find Rowan behind me, he then side steps me, "What is wrong?" Worry and concern drip from his tone but most of all confusion, so I just slowly gesture at what's behind him.

He turns then startles just like me, without the scream though, I cannot believe that a goddamn cockroach is making two grown adults terrified like this, "I'm disgusted." I lie, I'm scared actually.

"You think I'm not?" He shoots back instantly and I poke him, "Kill it." I start, then add something that I'll regret for the rest of my life "You're the man not me." I protest, "Gender doesn't qualify what one can do, remember? I read your quotes on Instagram, Lina." He adds, staring at me eyes-wide.

"I'll write a whole ass essay for you if you kill it." I scream again when it starts moving, "Appreciate the offer but I decline." He pulls me closer to him, as if that's possible, his fingers dig in my flesh but I don't even care.

"Okay, together then." He says gently, then takes off his slippers, places one in my hand, I don't even have time to fathom the disgust before we both smash it down on the cockroach, which I'm certain just died.

Terror fills my bones, "Mission completed." He mutters under his breath and grabs a tissue then cups the goddamn cockroach in it, and throws it away.

Moments pass in utter silence before we both wash our hands and exit the bathroom, shocked by the sudden change. "This was lovely." He exclaims, fixing his hair as I glare at him.

He shrugs, as if nothing happened, when my eyes find the sour patches it feels like my earlier irritation is gone as I grab it from its spot, and don't think twice before opening the familiar candy and throwing one in my mouth.

The sourness hits the back of my throat before the sugary taste, this feels nostalgic I swear even though I do have ones occasionally, "What did you put on?" I ask then my question trails off when I notice what's on the tv.

Nemo.

Is this my childhood dream or what exactly? we've watched this movie numerous times with each other, throughout all the years, and even though a part of me is outraged, the other is just emotional, not in the angry way, in the sad way.

Gut wrenching fucking way, I click on the play button and slip under the sheets, I'll order Rowan to leave the bed when we finish the movie, "Which one was your favorite character?" I bet he knows the answer already.

Cause we both share the same favorite character in this movie, "Dory." For some unknown reason I loved her, and the reminder that she was just a fish made me feel childish.

"Understandable." He lets out and the next minutes are spent in peaceful silence, small gestures, like how Rowan pulls the blanket tighter to me when he notices that I'm cold, how I give him one of the sour patches even though I despise sharing, at some point, it all happens, we both fall asleep, tangled in each other's arms, longing for the warmth of the other.

And at the end of the night, only one thought clouds my mind, any resentment I tried to build toward Rowan is crumbled all over the floor, my heart is melting for that man, and I need to put an end to it.

The thing is, he's like a magnet, stuck to me, insisting on getting what he wants, and at some point, I really don't know what it is, if it's for us to become friends again, close again, if it's for us to discuss the goddamn elephant in the room, to discuss Rowan's mistake years ago, or most importantly, if his Goal out of all of this is just to fuck me, but at this point, with the sour patches and Nemo, I doubt it.

My trust issues are playing a main part in this, but at some point I need to admit why I have them in the first place, and I'm sure that it won't be a pleasant conversation, just like the one discussing our past, which I can feel coming, soon.

Too soon.

A vote is really appreciated.
I'm trying to write as much as possible but it's really hard to post as frequent as before, so y'all gotta be patient with me cause all what ur getting is one chapter a day due to studying unfortunately 😔🩷.