Nine

CHAPTER NINE ANGELINA
"This is—hell." Rowan pants as we both run on the treadmills, he insisted on going to the gym with me, so I decided to torture his ass to regret that decision of his.

"Your muscles look funny compared to your struggles." I say under my breath, heightening the speed of the machine, he groans, "Fuck, I give up." He declares and I smile, proudly as I lower the speed.

Seconds pass before I get off it, he does too, brushing the sweat off his forehead with a towel. Eyes narrowed in my direction, but my blinding smile apparently makes that anger melt off his face.

"You're the one torturing yourself." I shrug, lifting a shoulder, Normally I'd be finished by now, "All for you, woman." He exclaims and gulps down nearly his whole water bottle.

My breathing starts to calm and my heartbeats turn back to steady after a beat, "I'm going back home." I state instead of a snarky comment, feeling slightly bad about all this.

Is my period coming up? That shift in emotions is definitely caused due hormones, definitely, I grab my phone from my front pocket and raise it to take a selfie, I don't do that a lot, but it helps with my modeling, Social media generally does but I prefer Instagram the most.

So that's where I post, I have about ten thousand followers, and they do help a bit with my image on the internet, I don't even check the picture again before I post it, with a caption saying, 'The gym.'

I turn to Rowan who's already staring at me, a moment of silence stretches between us before he breaks it, "I'm leaving." He says and for some reason, I feel tightness in my chest at the announcement.

Oh, "You are?" I let out, taking a step toward him, he looks down at me with slightly squinted eyes, a question floating in the warm honey brown, "Yes, I'll come over tonight though, make me dinner." He jokes.

I roll my eyes, "Poisoned." I state, arching a dry brow, "Anything from you." He flirts and I ignore the sudden heat rushing through my body, he grabs his bag, and leaves me moments later.

Exiting the gym as I approach the women's lockers, change my clothes, and put on some deodorant and perfume, numerous thoughts cloud my mind and I sigh.

I grab my car keys and abandon the whole place as I jog to my car, It's currently nine, so I have an hour left, Great, I need a shower, desperately, the black Jeep is easy to spot among the smaller cars.

I get inside and fire off the engine, My thoughts continue going back to Rowan's offer, but my phone's notifications stop the racing thoughts, it continues pinging for about two minutes.

Jesus Christ, all of this because of the Instagram post?

My home is near the gym so it doesn't take longer than a few minutes for me to park in front of the apartment and get outside, finally retrieving the phone that's been screaming for my attention for the past moments.

I close the car and start scrolling through the said phone, The post now has two hundred likes, that's actually more than great because it's been twenty minutes since I posted it, Okay, the comments are what are making me worried at the moment.

I click on them.

@Tvdfanpage33: OMG! Is that your boyfriend back there? Look at those dreamy eyes.

@Mariachristian: That's actually the first time any of your posts get me intrigued, who is that guy?

@booksandcoffee: The way he looks at her...

@Rayofsunshine: he's so hot. Period.

My lips part in surprise and I pause in my tracks, checking the goddamn photo again.