Two

CHAPTER TWO ANGELINA
"No shit?" I offer dryly as I take a sip of my champagne, Rowan raises his glass in cheers, he's been sitting here for about half an hour.

Ditching the main topic at every single opportunity, we've been talking about random stuff, quite literally, "I'm staying actually." He states out of nowhere and I nearly choke on my champagne.

"Here?" I snarl, "Here? Of course not." His eyes widen and he looks at me like I'm weird for thinking that, then he leans towards me with lust in his eyes, "Unless you're interested in that." He arches a brow.

The corners of his lips lifting in a smug smile, "In your dreams." I let out coldly even if fire is erupting in my stomach, Rowan has always loved pushing my buttons, but lately, it's become a lot more frequent.

He sighs dramatically and leans back, plastering a disappointed expression on his face before he starts speaking, "I want you to be my girlfriend." This time I do choke on the fucking champagne.

Glaring up at him as I retrieve a napkin and clean up the mess that happened, "Elaborate." I raise an eyebrow and even if my voice is calmer than ever, shock is coursing through my body.

I normally expect what's coming up, but this time I'm completely flabbergasted, figuratively, mentally, emotionally, he smiles at the scene I'm causing and my fingers itch to wipe that smile off, causing his dimples to disappear.

"Unfortunately, I want it fake, but well, if you want to take things to another level, I'm always ready." He flirts and I blink at him, not offering a single emotion even when I feel the urge to smash the glass in my hand on his head.

"What do you mean by fake?" I protest, my voice betraying the simmering emotions bubbling up my throat, "I mean that, for the outer appearance, for the media, when I need you in events with my father." He explains.

His voice slightly resembles a change in his tone but I can't indicate what happened exactly because I'm too caught up by his continuous words.

"So you want me to be your girlfriend in front of your dear father, at events for his company, fake dating basically, like the ones in those movies," I explain, dryly, gesturing with my hand between us.

He raises his brows, "Exactly." He states, "What will I get in return?" I don't know why I'm playing along with this, he smiles lopsidedly, charming me with his attitude, the bastard.

"Anything you want, Mio Angelo." My Angel, You know what, I'm actually contemplating kicking him out, "Why do you have to throw in a goddamn nickname?" I question, genuinely curious.

It's not the first time he calls me that, he started it in college, he said it resembles my name, Angel.

He shrugs, lifting a shoulder as he retrieves the bottle of whiskey laying on the table and pours some for him, "It feels satisfactory to see you bubbling up your anger like this since you claim to not be affected by the outer world." He says ever so casually.

"And—I have to make my Italian ancestors proud, put that in mind, Lina." He holds up a finger and I narrow my eyes in a glare but swallow down the string of curses I have at the tip of my tongue.

"They're rolling in their graves seeing their generations fail miserably due to your actions." I state, arching a brow as I snarl, he smiles wider, "That's a way to put it." He protests lightly.

"Back to the point." That's the thing I hate the most with Rowan, we're supposed to speak about only one topic, and it breaks down into a million other categories, it's disturbing, "I told you, anything you want." His expression sobers up a bit, turning more serious but still calm.