Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN ANGELINA
"I don't want to." I brush off the drink Aurelia is offering me, her brows furrow but she places it away, I try to focus my attention somewhere else, like the music blasting through the dance floor.

'Bullet proof' by La Roux fills my ears but still, my mind is full of racing thoughts, ones that aren't very beautiful, "Come on." Vera jumps, a guy dangling over her arm.

Kissing his way up her neck, she smiles and bounces with the beat, seeming happier than ever, I smile tightly, trying to brush off their weird suspicions.

"You're thinking of Rowan's offer." Aurelia analyzes and I grit my teeth, maybe she's fucking right, "No." I lie, not wanting anything to do with it in the first place, "It's understandable I promise." She assures loudly over the music.

Vera nods, before turning back to the guy, I sigh and stare at Aurelia, A dark shadow appears behind her and she instantly relaxes as Elias's hands come around her body, pulling her to him in a possessive way.

When you look at them from the outer edge, they align with each other beautifully, his ragged side complements her soft one, that's a type of love that's mostly present in TV shows and books.

I'm not trying to be 'different' but I would never want someone like Elias, and while he doesn't rule her or anything for the matter, but he's clearly more dominant in that relationship.

In a dreamy relationship of mine, I'd love it if it's full of equality, The man I'd be with is gonna have the same power as me in that relationship, doesn't mean that this is right and the other is wrong, just a preference of mine.

"Where's he by the way?" Vera interjects, clearly hinting at Rowan, my eyes flit around uncontrollably, but I act as if I don't care, "Probably sticking his dick somewhere." That's where he usually does when we're at parties.

Kissing a woman on each arm, but right now, he's nowhere in sight for some reason which is a bit weird but I brush it off as I work on self-distracting myself with anything at the moment.

"Why don't we dance?" Vera suggests and I nod instantly, thanking god at the interception, she takes my hand and Aurelia's even though the glare Elias casts her is fucking deathly, she just smiles tightly in his direction and nods, telling him that she's in safe hands.

We disappear into the crowd, sometimes I just want to scream at my mind to shut up, that I need a moment of pure silence, that I don't think I'll ever get, "You look like you want to throw up." Vera observes.

I don't bother with replying to her since her face fills with realization anyway, "Your mind is really full of Rowan, isn't it?" Aurelia catches on, and I nod, over and over, feeling a knot tightening in the bottom of my stomach.

"He called my mother." I finally let out, Vera's brows jump and Aurelia's jaw falls open, "What?" She gaps, I rub a hand over my face, "Yes, that bastard," I curse, annoyance spreading through my veins at an impeccable pace.

"How did she react?" Vera asks first and I think about it—really think about it, "She didn't sound sad, no, but she sounded—a bit disappointed." I sigh exaggeratedly, not liking the turn this is taking.

Aurelia purses her lips, "That you said no? Don't let her reaction pressure you." She adds quickly, her voice soothing, Vera nods too, exchanging looks with her, "I have no idea, and I think it's something out of my control if her reaction—pressures me or not I mean." I explain lightly under my breath.

So I have to repeat my words again since they haven't heard through the high music, their faces fall in realization, "She loved him, I assume?" Aurelia questions since she doesn't entirely know.