One

CHAPTER ONE ANGELINA MORETTI
Beauty is subjective.
Whoever said that lied, because right now as the cameras flash and my agent shoots orders, I'm sure as fuck that those people aren't thinking of my subjective beauty, it's a painful realization, but what isn't in this life?

Beauty is a strange concept for me if we're being honest, A Victoria's Secret dress is beautiful, and a Lana del Rey song can also be considered beautiful, and other than that, human beauty for example,

Just like right now as my eyes flit around, to the model beside me, long shiny pale legs, delicate features, blue eyes, and blonde hair.

While here's me, Curly brown hair, dark skin, green eyes, and semi-sharp features, at the end of the day, we're both beautiful, just a different type of beauty, that's the thing about society.

They state an aspect of beauty that not everyone has, so most people believe that they hold no remorse, no possibility of being considered beautiful,

while a person might find the girl beside me more attractive than I am, another might think I'm more beautiful.

It's genuinely different, but not all people understand that, which forms this cycle of insecurities and self-doubt, it's exhausting, the pressure they place on us, only a few are able to overcome it and recognize their worth.

With men, it's a bit different, Rowan for example is beautiful with his charming smile and easygoing personality, Silas is attractive too, in a type of looks that are darker, a bit sinister, however while the beauty standards for them might appear a bit shallow.

That's not what I'm hinting about, it's the labels they throw around, like Rowan, if he was a woman he'd be labeled a slut, a whore, since he's a man, he's called a playboy.

My hands tighten around the phone as I scroll down his Instagram account, the guy appears superficial, charismatic, and extremely charming from the outside but that's not even what I care about.

I never gave a fuck about that, which is why he continues chasing after me harder, it's not that his beauty doesn't capture my attention but I'm not looking for a quick fuck, a quick one-night stand, there are deeper reasons for that but I ignore them.

A notification pops up, cutting off my racing thoughts, I click on it.

Rowan: Still won't answer me

He's been texting me all day, quite literally nonstop, I'd be lying if I said that he wasn't annoying me, so I just type in to save myself the headache.

Me: there's a question mark you missed.

Three dots appear.

Rowan: you're a model not an English teacher, hmm?

He adds a coma and a question mark, victory spreads through my body and I roll my eyes at his remark.

And just when I'm about to lock the phone, I see his name flashing across the screen, while Rowan and I were best friends throughout our whole childhood, we drifted apart as we grew up, or if we're being specific, I did.

Because it seemed that Rowan viewed me as something completely different than how he did when we were kids, he'd flirt every now and then, and while I felt attraction towards him, and I didn't deny it, I just didn't want to lose the image I always had of Rowan, my best friend, the guy I grew up with, who protected me, I wanted to lock that image into my heart.

Call me pathetic, I don't give a fuck, maybe it's obnoxious and unnecessary, but I'm not going to give in to his tactics, whatever it is he wants from me, he's not getting it. Because maybe deep down I know that once he gets that, once he has sex with me, he'll leave me like any other girl he fucked.