CHAPTER 165

XANDER'S PoV

I KNOW I WAS STARING TOO MUCH but I can't help myself but just to. I know I'm not the only one looking at her with sparkling eyes right now.

She's still looking unaware until Jyr walked beside her and he offered his hand to her. She accepted it and they walked together down the stairs.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, our Birthday Boy—"

I was deaf. I can't hear anything. I was too mesmerized of her beauty that I can't look away. I don't want to admit it, I'm afraid to admit it. I can't be honest with myself right now. She's too pretty not to stare at. She's too pretty and it's just a crime if you look away.

What are you talking—

TINGGGGGG~

Our eyes met.

I can't move my body. I can't look away. She's staring straight to my eyes and I'm staring straight to her eyes. No one dares to move. Her body is moving but her eyes isn't. I saw how they walked together to greet the guest but I also witness her eyes never left mine--

Snap it out, Xander Hole!

I had to move my fingers to check if I was still alive. I moved every joints in my body and I had to force my self to be the first to look away and I was really thanking God that I was able to do it. 

Get a hold of yourself , Drei.

I took a very deep breath before taking a sip of my drinks. Nang makaya ko ng iangat ang ulo ko ay ganun padin ang ginagawa ng dalawa, looks like Jyr picked her to be his date tonight and they seem so comfortable with eachother, they seem so used to it.

When I looked away again, I caught Yassy and Blue looking at me with a grin on their faces, lalong lalo na si Yassy. They are like holding their smiles back.

"What?" I asked them. "What are you two looking at??" I acted so natural.

"Wala ka'ng matatago, Xander. Caught in the act kana."

I scoffed. "What do you mean?? What did I do wrong?"

"Oh no, you didn't do anything, at all." I find her talking so sarcastically. Blue, then, smiled at me, still having the grin on her face before looking away to watch them again.

What was that?? Bakit ganun ako mag-react?? May potion ba 'tong kinakain namin?? I mean, what the----

"Sweetie."

"Hell!" Gulat 'kong sabi ng bigla akong hawakan ni Jana. 

"What?? Are you okay?? Why do you look so shocked??"

"Sweetie, you're back." Napa-iling ako. "No, I'm fine. Nagulat ako sa'yo."

"You're funny." Mahinang sabi nya 'tsaka humarap sa gitna ng lugar. "Is that her?? I'll admit it, nagmuka syang matinong tao sa suot nya."

"Sweetie."

Mahina syang natawa. "What?? I was just stating a fact." Nag- cross arm sya at na'kay Uraraka padin ang tingin. "Don't be so kill joy."

"Mas muka pang tao si Cassey sa'yo." I wasn't expecting that Yassy was listening to us. "'Apaka ganda ka nyan."

"I did not say she was ugly."

"Sinabi mo, Jana's language nga lang." Inikutan pa ni Yassy ng mata si Jana.

"Tsk, ang dami mong say."