140

BELLA-"OKAY DO we have everything together?" I ask the family

BELLA
-
"OKAY DO we have everything together?" I ask the family.

"Why is it still dark outside?" Gunner asks with his eyes partially closed.

"The sun hasn't come up yet," I tell him, "Monica are you coming?"

"Yes! Just need to finish my makeup," she yells down. Monica told us she wanted to fly with me because my aunt tried to make her pay for her own ticket.

"Not to be that person, but we're going to the airport and have to be there by a certain time," I explained worriedly.

She runs down the stairs still trying to curl her lashes, "okay ready."

"Took you long enough," Nikki chuckles while rocking Storm back and forth.

Nikki and I put everything in the trunk and got the kids buckled in. On our way there Nikki told us, "I don't think I've been to El Salvador."

"Not surprised, it's not the safest place on Earth," Monica explains.

"I have." They both look at me, "I'm so funny," I giggle at my own joke.

Not much happened before we got to our gate until this one fan came up. "Oh my god are Nikki Sixx?" She squeals at the ass crack of dawn.

"Uh yes," he smiles nervously.

"Can I get your autograph?" She jumps up and down, I can see why she is excited though.

"I'm sorry, I would but we really have to get to our flight, it was night to meet you though," we start to walk away.

"You snollygoster!" She stomps and I couldn't help but laugh at her choice in vocabulary.

"I'm gonna start saying that," I say while we run throughout the airport.

"Please don't," he says out of breath.

We finally got on the plane and got into our seats. Storm sat on my lap in the aisle seat, Nikki in the center, Gunner at the window seat, and Monica sat on the seat in the row across from me.

"5 and a half hours here we go," I say.

"Mama, where're we going?" Gunner asks.

"El Salvador," I explain, "it's another country, and they speak Spanish."

"Do you speak Spanish?" He asks.

"I speak Spanish with you all the time!" I chuckle.

"Does Daddy?"

Nikki laughs, "I do not."
-
Everyone fell asleep on the way there besides Nikki and I. "How does it feel flying coach?" I ask.

He rocks his head side to side, "not bad," there was a few moments of silence, "where are we staying?"

"I'm not sure but probably some of my families house, trust me you don't wanna stay in the hotels," I chuckle.

He looks at me as if I'm crazy.

NIKKI
-
"ARE YOU sure the safety of the children is guaranteed?"

"Yeah why wouldn't it be?" She tilts her head to the side.

"You know with the description of the country I just wanted to make sure that they'll be safe," he nods nervously.

"I can assure you they will, it might be a culture shock to you, Gunner, Monica, maybe Storm, but it's still a beautiful country," she very innocently smiles and interlocks our fingers, "you will love it, especially my grandma, haven't seen her since I was 5 but from what I know she was a queen," her smile becomes even wider before telling whatever story she was about to tell.

Ohhh fuck.

"My tía told Lydia and I when we were younger, that my grandpa used to go out and cheat on her with other women and one time one of those women came to the door and made all kinds of weird threats, y mi abuela sacaba el machete y perseguío ella por el calle."

"Just a reminder, I'm white, so I'm gonna need a full translation of that last part," I wave my hand in a circle.

"Oh sorry," she chuckles, "She took out a machete and chased her down the street."

Should I be scared?

"Every Salvi has a machete somewhere in their house," she looks forward, "I don't have one, should probably get one though."

"No we should not."
-
We arrived in San Salvador, "This is it Nikki," Bella says, putting her arm around me, "my home country."

"I can smell the flor de izote from here," Monica says.

"No need for a social security number here," Bella smiles to herself.

We walked outside and it was very humid, and let me just say culture shock is real. There were literal children selling things like flowers, pottery and food which Bella explained was how everyone provided for their family. Before they could get a job the family would make certain customs or food and the children would go out and sell it. It saddened me a bit.

"Did you have to do that?" I asked her.

"Everyone did Nikki," she slightly smiles, "there was a reason my parents left, but it's okay, the least we can do is buy a few things from any of the families we see."

She walked ahead to flag down a taxi. "You'll get used to it," I jolted at the sound of Monica's voice.

"Used to what?"

"The stories," she explains, "since I was little I had to hear my mom talk about the process of coming to this country, the stories, and then with Bella and Lydia. You hear all these things they had to do to get to the US and then I'm just here, was born there and didn't have to do shit to be in a stable environment."

Standing there frozen I didn't even know what to say. All these years Monica actually had emotions and wasn't just some heartless kid that was related to my wife.

"Over here!" Bella flagged us over, she had Gunners hand in hers and sat inside the taxi.

Monica and I followed her over then got inside the taxi. Bella gave the driver directions in Spanish and the entire way there I decided not to say a word out of embarrassment. The only person in the car who doesn't speak Spanish. Hell, even my own son speaks more SPanish than I do.

We arrived at a house made out of painted wood, the top floor was technically outside. "We have arrived at our destination," Bella says, "let's go see my family inside."

Just when I thought I would be able to skip the entire meeting the family stage.
-
so i have a 2 week long event to tech next week so things might get hectic.