one-hundred sixxty-three

BELLA-DON'T EVER let me get that drunk again

BELLA
-
DON'T EVER let me get that drunk again. My head was pounding, there was makeup smeared under my eyes, along with Slash and Lars sleeping on the floor. Dylan was on his bed still sleeping as well so I decided to take a shower.

This hotel was luckily pretty nice so it was a comfortable shower. When my shower was finished I went into the lobby for breakfast because I know damn well those waffles are gonna slap.

I sat there eating by myself, the coffee really helped with my headache. "Hey," Belen, a girl on the crew says, "can I sit here?"

"Yeah go ahead," I smile.

"Rough night?" She asks.

"Don't remember much of it," I say, "I just remember talking Dylan's ear off."

"Sounds about right," she says throwing me off a little.

"I also woke up to Slash and Lars sleeping on the floor of my room, which was weird," I say, "How about you?"

"I didn't go anywhere, the guys on my bus are a bit weird so any chance I get not to be near them I take," she explains.

"What?" I ask clearly concerned to see what's going on.

"They're weird..."

"Weird in what way?" I ask taking her hand.

"Just the way they are," she says, "going to strip clubs."

"Belen, I am your stage manager, if they are making you uncomfortable, you let me know. Are they doing anything that makes you uncomfortable?" I ask.

"I feel uncomfortable being the only girl on the bus," she says.

"We can switch your bus," I say, "I'll make those arrangements."

"Bella," Dylan comes in, "why are Slash and Lars on our floor."

"I have no idea," I whisper yell.

"Why did I wake up on your floor?" Slash asks.

"I swear to fucking god!" I yell making people look at me.

"We got drunk, then you went out to call Nikki and said we should get a bottle of wine," Dylan explains, "that's all I remember."

"Same," I say and they start talking, I space out as they have their conversation just wondering what Nikki might be doing.

So I called him, "Hey Bella how're you feeling?" He asks.

"I'm feeling fine, had a headache but I'm good now," I say, "kind of annoyed because Lars and Slash somehow ended up sleeping in our room, on the floor."

"Were your clothes on when you woke up?" Nikki asked.

"What? Yes they were," I say offended, "why would you ask that?"

"Well two guys woke up in your room," he says.

"Ugh- Nikki, I didn't sleep with them," I scoff.

"I know you didn't just thought I should ask," he says, "my bad."

"I just- let me talk to Storm," I demand, "Hi Storm, it's Mama," I pause, "are you having fun with daddy?"

She just giggles and coos while I'm talking to her. I could only imagine seeing her face while she did and hearing the fullness of her voice.

"Bella we have to get to the studio," Nikki interrupts.

"Alright, I love you both, talk to you later," I blow a kiss through the phone.

"We love you too!"

He hung up and I turned around, "are you and Nikki having relationship problems?" Slash asks.

"Jesus who starts a conversation like that?" I start walking back to the elevator.

"Well he's accusing you of cheating," he says.

"It wasn't serious," I say.

"Is the touring getting to you guys?" He teases.
-
Past few weeks I decided I wasn't going to get drunk again. The tour is coming to an end and I couldn't be happier.

"Just one more show," I kept telling myself.

"Are you tired of this tour too?" Dylan asks. We both laid on our beds of the hotel room facing each other.

"Yeah, I miss my kids, or kid and step kid, and my husband," I sigh.

"I miss my wife, I wonder how big she's gotten," he smiles to himself.

"Have you thought of any names yet?" I snuggle into my pillow.

"Athena wants to name her Tobi," he says.

"It's a girl?" I ask.

"It's a girl."

"That's amazing," I smile and then let a tear shed.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asks.

"Don't worry about it," I wipe my tears, "this is about you."

"No no, tell me what's happening," he puts his hand out.

"Nikki and I wanna start have more kids but I'm nervous what happened the first time might happen again," I say.

"The first time?" He tries to recall.

"In '89, when I got pregnant on tour then had to have an abortion," I say sadly.

"Oh right, I forgot about that," he says, "I'm hoping it works for you, I mean you have Storm, and Storm is very healthy too, you have a chance."

"You're right, I shouldn't be so scared."
-
The night I awaited for. Closing night. "Goodbye everybody!" James says in his thunderous voice.

"That's it, we're done," I tell Dylan.

"There's still load out," he chuckles.

"No there isn't," I say.

"The fuck do you mean 'no there isn't?'" He jokingly raises his voice.

"I'm in denial."
-
The crew got back onto the busses and we headed back to LA. It feels good laying down and knowing I won't have to be staying up like this all the time. I just know the bags of my eyes are hanging lower than a bag of sand.

"You excited to go home?" Dylan asks.

"Yeah, I'm going to Vancouver shortly after though," I explain, "not sure for how long."

"Oh right they're recording the album," he sighs, "how do you think it is without Vince?"

"Um I actually don't know," I say and realized, I really don't know what's going on with the band right now, "hopefully it's all going well."

On the ride we slept, then talked, tried to make some food but remebered we didn't have a stove so we starved until we made a stop in Seattle.

We stopped at a coffee shop with a naked mermaid on it and spent another 12 hours on the road.

"That had to have been the longest car ride I've been on," Dylan complains while doing squats just to move his legs.

"Holy shit it feels weird being here," I say as we stepped off the bus.

"It does," Dylan agrees with a shiver.

Even though 90 percent of my life has been spent in this city, I feel very out of place. Just imagine when I get back home.

I drove Dylan home and he stood outside the car, "alright man, I'll see you when I get back," he gives me a fist bump.

"I'll see you too," he smiles.

"Go take care of your wife, believe me, she needs it," I shake my head remembering how it feels to be pregnant.

"Sure will."