145

vince looks like reese witherspoon with that haircut

NIKKI
-
AUDITIONS START today, Bella and Dylan agreed to manage the people coming in and needless to say, there weren't as many people as we thought there would be.

"So how it's gonna work is you 3 will sit here at the table, everyone brought their own tape with their audition pieces, we'll bring in 5 guys at a time and keep it going," Bella explains while staring at a piece of paper, "any questions?"

"You were able to read all that?" Dylan asks, making everyone laugh, she hits him with the paper.

"Asshole," she looks around, "any serious questions?" No one says anything, "okay cool."

"How many people do we have out there?" I ask. Bella nervously looks down at her feet and mutters something I couldn't understand, "what?" She mutters under her breath again.

"Jesus Christ stop being a pussy, we have 15 people," Dylan says.

"15?" For a band that made a number one album, this is not good.

"It's not a lot but it's a Thursday afternoon, everyone has work and we still have until Saturday," Bella explains, "people still have work Nik."

"You're right, let's just get through these 15 people today," Mick says, "Tomorrow will be better."

The first 5 went through and there was one guy who really stood out, "what's your name?" I asked him fascinated by the show he just gave us.

"Paul," he says.

"Paul, how old are you?" Tommy asked.

"16."

That's a no. The kids cool but we're in our 30's for god's sake, I'm twice the age of this kid.
-
Not even 2 hours later we went through everyone, they closed the doors and we sat inside. "Let's set up a list of absolute no's and maybe's. It was hard to pick a maybe, some people had the voice but didn't have the look, some couldn't play guitar, some had the look but sounded like shit.

"Anyone catch your eye?" Bella whispers in my ear as I fill out my little chart.

"Besides that 16 year old, no," I keep filling it out and ask, "did that guy you asked to come ever stop by?"

"No, not today," she says in a deeper tone.

"You can sit down you know," I say, aiming toward the seat.

"Can I?" She asks with her hand against her chest.

"Yeah?"

She sits down and stays silent, "Don't worry about it Nik, like I said today lots of people are still working because we're still in the middle of the week, if anything we can try doing auditions a few hours later tomorrow."

"That would be a great idea," I kissed her forehead.

"I think so too, especially because I still wanna be with Gunner and Storm," she bounces her knee.

BELLA
-
"MAYBE THIS situation is just stressing him out," Dylan says through the phone as I rock Storm back and forth.

"Yeah, he said we would stop talking about work at home and I think that might help. I just really needed to get this off my chest," I explain, "this is probably my karma for sleeping with my boss."

"Probably," Dylan laughs.

We gossip for a couple more minutes before hanging up the phone.

"Hear me out," Nikki says right when I hang the phone up.

"I'm hearing you out," I tell him, really hoping this isn't bad.

"We buy a truck," he suggests, "a big one." Okay, reasonable.

"Yeah sure, but for what purposes?" I stand up and put Storm in her crib.

"Well my equipment to bring to the studio will be easier to carry and also if for some reason we take the kids up the mountain, we can have the truck instead of driving your car" he explains with a huge smile.

"I don't think that's a bad idea," I shrug.

"Great because I already put a down payment," he keeps the smile on his face as mine drops.

"You what? Nikki, I wanted to have a say in what kind of truck it was," I run my hands across my face.

"I wanted to surprise you though," he runs his hands down my waist, "it's a 1991 Chevy Silverado, sound good to you?"

"It sounds great," I smile and pull his face down to give him a kiss.
-
The next day, like I said it would, had a lot more people auditioning. So many that we had them write down their thoughts so they wouldn't forget when they discussed later. Some of them you could tell had no interest and just wanted to meet the band. I can't blame them though.

My job was just yelling, "next five," "you will state your name and your song." Dylan was putting out all the paperwork and numbering people. Today was actually stressful on my end. More importantly, the guys are actually more confident in finding a singer. I still didn't see the guy from The Scream but that's fine, with this many people, we don't need him to audition.

"How're you feeling?" I ask with Nikki's hand in mine on our way to the car.

"I feel great about all this, starting to gain some hope, so much hope I almost forgot about Vince's existence," he opens the passenger's seat for me.

"That's great babe."
-
On Saturday Pam came along as well as Emi and they just played with Storm and Gunner in the other room while I went to work. "I'll come in as often as I can to check on you guys," I say to the children, "You two need anything, food, water?"

"We'll be fine," Emi says, "Thank you, we're gonna have a lot of fun aren't we?"

There were maybe a couple more people than we had yesterday, same old same old things, a lot of guys who had long hair and eye makeup crowding into the lobby, some doing their vocal warm ups, others giving each other cold stares. If they don't end up with a blonde guy I might cry.

The last group ended up being a group of 3, and since they were last Dylan and I sat in the room just to observe. "Okay uh, Jacob?" Nikki calls.

Jacob stands up then the door opens and some guy comes in, "Sorry I'm late," I come to notice who it was.

The House of Blues dude.