142

BELLA-OUR TIME here was short but it was nice

BELLA
-
OUR TIME here was short but it was nice. I would have loved it more if we were under better circumstances but sadly, that's now how it went.

"I don't wanna go!" Gunner cried as we packed the rest of our stuff.

"Gunner you realize that if you were to stay here you would still have to do everything else you would on a regular day back home," Nikki says trying to calm him down.

"But I'm gonna miss Mama Julissa," he weeps and frowns.

"Ay mi hijo!" My grandma comes in squishing his cheeks and kissing his cheeks, she offers him some casamiento and pan Frances (or Bolillos) which manages to calm him down. Then we had to go.

We bought some tamales in the way there and Nikki asked, "why the fuck are they in leaves?"

"Nikki, we aren't in Mexico," I tell him.

"But why?"

"We're in El Salvador," I tell him, "our tamales are wrapped in banana leaves."

"Huh?"

"Nikki, will you please just try it?" I plead.

"Okayyy," he dreads, he brings the fork up to his mouth, and starts to chew, "that's- that's actually pretty good."

"I don't like him sometimes," Monica shakes her head while getting in line to board the plane.
-
The flight went as smoothly as it could with two children. Some people were definitely annoyed about Storm crying so I took her into the bathroom and sat there with her for a good 25 minutes. When we got home Duffin and Whisky came running up to us, "Oh my god did you miss us?" I say while petting Whisky.

Gunner went back to his moms house, Storm was napping and I decided to start putting all our stuff back, "Bella!" Nikki yells down.

"Yes honey!" I squeeze my eyes, being afraid of whatever words may come out of his mouth.

"The curtain rod got yanked off the wall!" I take a deep breath, "I'll grab the tool box for you!"

"Thank you!" Am I pissed? Kinda. But at least he isn't attempting to fix it by himself. I go downstairs and see Tommy holding a football, "why am I not surprised?"

"It's lovely to see you too Belle," he pretends to be sweet.

"I don't like you."

"You know what, fuck you too man," Tommy flips me off.

"Anyways, where is this fallen curtain rod?" My eyes roam around the room.

"Over here," Nikki walks to the back door.

"Alright," I start to get the filler out, "now give me a boost."

Nikki grabs me by my ass cheeks and lifts me up, "you know we just got back from a funeral," I tell Tommy and shake my head, "haven't even been back a whole day and you guys pull this shit."

"Hey hey," Nikki defends himself as I squeeze the tube, "I have been eating all these fucking sweets and shit, I needed to burn off the calories somehow."

"Nikki!" But before my lecture I need to be moved, "move me to the right a little bit."

"Oh yeah sorry," he takes a few steps to the right.

"Anyways," I start off, "we have an entire backyard, a swimming pool, you couldn't 'burn off the calories' outside?"

"It's February, it's cold!" Tommy steps into the conversation.

"You'll warm up if you're playing football... or go to the fucking gym," Nikki sets me down, "on the other hand, has there been any luck finding a new singer?"

"Shit I forgot our singer even quit," Nikki places his hands on his hips.

"Kinda, we still need to audition people, we definitely have a line of guys wanting to sing for us," Tommy explains, "hopefully we find someone that we all like, no one really got along with Vince very well."

"Yeah uh, hopefully," I say nervously. All the things I had learned prior to us leaving started to float back, the divorce and all.

"Hey you got your nose pierced!" Tommy points out.

"Yeah I did, during our honeymoon."
-
Going back to work, of course I had to catch Dylan up on all the drama. "I don't know I just feel really weird about everything, I mean Vince's life just seems to be going to shit all at once."

"I'm surprised you feel bad," Dylan says lifting an amp.

"And why's that?" I carry another one.

"You're Nikki's wife, seems like you would be more on his side in the situation," he explains.

"I guess I could see that," I think about it for a second, "still feel for the guy though."

"They said there's a lot of people wanting to audition right? You think they'll find someone soon?"

NIKKI
-
"ABSOLUTELY not!" Doug practically screams. We asked if he could ask the label to pay for the time we use to audition.

"Why fuckin' not?" I ask pissed off.

"No offense but you guys aren't Mötley Crüe without Vince," Doug explains lighting up a cigarette, "if this shit flops, and the label pays for it, they're gonna be pissed, and it's gonna be on you guys."

"God damnit," I take a deep breath, "the one time we actually need the label to do some shit for us."

Doug exits the room and now I'm stuck. This entire situation is just fucked, it was my decision but maybe I really should have thought about it more before just acting impulsively.

"We can just pay for it ourselves," Mick suggests, "we need a singer because this band is not gonna end this fucking early."

"I agree," T-bone brings us into a huddle.

"Okay, we pay for it ourselves, get ourselves a new singer, make another great fucking album, have another great fucking tour with packed venues, and we go on without Vince, sound good?" I ask looking out to the two men ahead of me. One who looks very enthusiastic, and the other, well he's Mick.

"Hey, do you think Bella might know someone?" Mick asks, "I'm sure we have a lot of people waiting but a few more won't hurt."

"Why would she know anyone?" I place my hands on my hips and tilt my head to the side.

"Well she sees bands a lot, for work, so maybe if she can scope out a singer that could be cool," he explains. Smart. I never would have thought about asking her.

"I can see."
-
anyways...