144

BELLA-UNLIKE NIKKI I can't write in a journal everyday

BELLA
-
UNLIKE NIKKI I can't write in a journal everyday. He keeps up with it but I went back to my meetings once or twice within the past month, and was reminded that I had this. If you open it you'll see that there are around 15 entries that were written within the past year. The last one was dated June 20th 1991, Nikki and I's wedding date. Almost a year ago. Letting out an agitated sigh I take it upon myself to get ready for work.

"What're you doing?" Nikki asks.

"I have to get dressed for work," I say, "there's a gig tonight but I'll come back during my lunch to cook dinner."

"Okay, and can you make sure to-"

"I will make sure to see if any of the singers are good," I assure him. Looking for a new singer, it isn't easy. It pains me to say it but there aren't many musicians looking to be a part of a glam metal band these days.

What the band is looking for is someone that can kind of fulfill that grungy-like sound while also still keeping a Mötley tone.

Taking one last look at him I notice the bags forming under his eyes, "get some sleep okay?" He nods and puts his head back down.

Once I was ready for work I went downstairs to see Nikki asleep on the Island and Storm in her playpen, as long as she doesn't get out because I need to make money.

The drive there went smoothly and luckily this band had some of their own crew so it made things easier, I mostly had to help set up and give their sound guy an overview of the sound board. "Alright I think I understand it, but do you think you can stick around tonight just to help me in case anything goes wrong? Just, you know if something happens you know the system better than I do."

"Yeah yeah, no worries," I say, "what's this band called again?"

"The Scream," he says, "I'm kinda learning with them, this is my first time being a roadie for a band."

"Really? How'd you meet them?" I ask.

"Went to highschool with them, can't play any instruments but I like music," he explains, "do you roadie for any bands?"

"Oh yeah, I have for a good handful but mostly for Mötley Crüe," I explain, "mostly because my husband is their bassist."

"I know them," he says, "Dr.Feelgood, great album, I saw one of the shows on that tour."

"Nice," I say.

That tour was a fever dream.

Then sound check starts, they get a hang of the drums then the singer, "Just sing," the sound guy whose name I never got says.

"Okay," the singer had really long curly hair and a nose ring, "Honey, got something to tell ya, you drive me outta my mind..."

He closed his eyes and I listened everytime he restarted, making sure to dive deep in. And I knew it, it had to be him. It had to.
-
When I went back home Nikki was on the phone with someone, so I waited to tell him anything until he got off the phone. "Yeah, just make sure there are enough flyers, okay, alright, talk to you later Doug, okay, bye." He hangs up.

"I found your singer!" I say excitedly.

"Fuck, you scared me," he huffs, "but go on."

"He's in this band called The Scream, he is exactly what you're looking for," I say, "if I just get to him, you're golden."

"Catch him backstage if you can and give him this card," he hands me a card that says Mötley Crüe Auditions 2719 La Brea Ave. Los Angeles Ca 90036 310-555-6969.

"I will," I place a kiss on his lips, "you'll love him I promise."
-
Going back to work I just helped the sound guy a bit and the show went relatively well, they weren't the greatest I've seen but still good. Then I caught a familiar blondie at the corner of my eye going through the door.

"Hey uh, I'll be right back I need to go do something," I say and he waves me off. Then I exit the house and go into the lobby and catch a full glimpse of his face once he gets to the bar.

"Would you take a look at this blonde haired bitch," I aggressively grab his shoulder, he stands up and almost squares up to me.

"Oh, it's just you," he sits back down, "what're you doing here?"

"Well I uh, work here," I raise my eyebrows, "you?"

"Watching a show," he says, then waves to the bartender, "get one for the lady," then he looks at me, "I don't think your husband would like you talking to me."

"Nikki isn't my boss and either way I'm just saying hi," I explain, then start to examine his features, his facial hair started to grow out, his eyes were dropping down, he definitely wasn't taking care of himself. My drink came, I downed it as fast as I could, "See you around Vinny."

Then I went back to doing my job and the show ended. So, I caught  the singer backstage after the show. "Singer!" He turned around.

"Oh hey baby," he seductively smiled down at me, probably assuming I'm a groupie.

"Not your baby," I chuckle, "I am married, but, was wondering if you were interested in being in another band, my husbands band is working on finding a new singer and-"

"Hey I recognize you, aren't you that group-"

"Don't, worry about who I am," I snap, "sorry, as I was saying my husbands band is looking for a new singer and I was wondering if you're interested in being in another band, you don't have to leave this one, although I do ask you consider-"

"Listen honey, you seem like a nice lady but I already have something going on okay," he takes a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket, "sure running around with that radio will do you wonders around here."

He walks away with his curly hair flowing with him. "He could have  at least given me his hair routine," I sigh. Helping the crew out we unplugged all we could and the band was arguing, they were mostly yelling at the singer. I didn't really wanna be a chismosa but sometimes it's hard.

After they were done the singer saw me, "Oh it's you again," he rolled his eyes.

"I was told to give you this card," I shake a bit but he takes it.
-
When I come home Nikki immediately asks, "Did you give it to him?"

It did upset me a bit, I was expecting a different greeting, maybe a "hey babe, how was work?" And that to be followed up with a hug and a kiss. But I put it off for now.

"I did."

"You think he'll come?" He asks.

"I'm sure he'll show up," I press my lips together then stand there looking at the ground. Walking in here just gave me a weird feeling.

"Come over here," Nikki brings me in and places me on his lap, "I'm sorry, I probably should have said something else before asking that."

He kisses my neck from behind. "Yeah probably," I laugh.

"Once auditions actually start I'll be sure to not bring this stuff into our personal life," he assured me, "In fact, I will stop right now."

"I'd like it if we could do that."