Chapter Twenty-Three: GAME START

EnderOni, Loop 2

Chapter Twenty Three:

GAME START

-...-

As strong as a start to the loop that there was, as the group rested in the safe room, nobody seemed to want to go back out to investigate. After awhile, everyone started getting tired. There was enough beds for everyone right now, which was good. Tyler wanted to go to sleep, but looking through his journal, was reminded of a rule he had to follow. He couldn't hide in the safe room forever. That meant that every couple of hours, he'd have to step out. Even if Onity couldn't kill him off now, it was still in need to be followed. Tyler wasn't going to take the chance otherwise.

Another thing that bothered Tyler was that this loop, he noticed a difference. His friends were emotionally stronger then before. Well, Sky and Ty and Sub had still not seen the monster and probably had a reason to believe this would all blow over, but Bodil and Jerome and Ian had seen the monster, and knew what they were in for. He applauded them for not bursting into terrified tears in the last few hours.

Tyler sat up on the side of his bed, the journal resting at the end of the covers. He yawned, but made sure not to wake anybody else up. He got up, grabbed his journal, and quietly walked to the weapons on the table, taking the dull plate shard. He placed the shard in his pocket and escaped up the stairs, getting out of the room without being caught. He'd had his practice before escaping from Janet. And, I guess in the other loop as well.

Tyler couldn't help but yawn again as he walked the hallways, which seemed darker then normal. He was sure it was nighttime now outside. The flooring quietly creaked as he stepped, and he wondered around aimlessly, finding himself yet again looking around the first floor. He'd seen it before when they looked for Mitch, but his tired haze lead him here. He wondered where Onity was, and what was going to happen sooner or later. His glasses slide down his nose as he walked down the middle hallway, and he pushed them back up. For a moment, he believed he had seen a purple fog, but it turned out to only be his paranoia.

Tyler stepped into the cell room, the room that, back in loop one, was the death of Ty. He stood in there, remembering everything that had happened in there. The moment that Onity had been found out, and the moment Onity tired to kill them all. But Tyler used his magic, not only to defeat Onity, but in collaboration with Seto's powerful spells.

"Oh...That's right." Tyler whispered, a thought popping into his mind.

If he remembered correctly, it was around this time that Seto, Jason, and Brice showed up. Well, based on what he vaguely remembered being told by the. Tyler shook his head and walked out of the cell room, back towards the front door. He noticed small marks on the door that Bodil and Jerome had left earlier when they were freaking out. They made him shiver. It was sorta cold in there, even with the small warmth of the torches on the wall. There was another thing he had noticed. Some rooms had actual electrical lights, while others only had torches. The first floor hallways had torches, but most of the second floor had electrical lights. How strange.

Tyler turned to one of the boarded up windows, the first one on the left hallway. He found a small crack in one of the pieces of wood, giving him less then half an inch to see outside. It was nightime, and there were trees moving in a slight wind. There was a pond with a small bridge outside, just like he remembered. He didn't see anybody out there. No sorcerer, no spaceman, and no artist. He sighed and turned to walk back. However, before going up stairs to check out the upper floors, he decided to look at the enchantment room one more time. Since he could do magic, he found himself drawn to it. Maybe he could learn new things. Maybe.