Chapter Twenty Four: Unity

EnderOni Loop 2

Chapter Twenty Four:

Unity

-...-

Everyone came down when the news of Bodil's death got around. Now all 12 of the surviving minecrafters stood around the meeting point of the three hallways on the first floor, where the tree stood with Bodil's body at it's side. This was the point where any doubt about how dangerous their situation was would vanish. Someone was dead. And to those who still hadn't seen the monster, any thoughts of Bodil's death being due to one of them was stupid. The tree was the mark of the Oni. None of them could get outside, pull a tree from it's place in the ground, and drag it back inside. It was amazing the detail of the murder.

It was a shock, still, and the group was trying to recover from the loss. People like Seto and Mitch were able to keep calm, no matter how they felt inside. Tyler,surprisingly, seemed calmer, but was a mess inside. This wasn't a good start. He was warn out still from the last loop, and his sanity wasn't any better. He thought for awhile that he'd have a chance but everyone's self-hate comes crashing down on them at some point. How was he going to pull this off? He was a weak teenager who had less of a chance then most of the others. If Seto was in his position, Seto would be out of here. Jason and Mitch even make better decisions then him. And Onity was a beast. A homicidal asshole. Tyler was no match for him.

Tyler shook his head and a voice overcame the jumble of voices in the group.

"E-Everyone!" It was Mitch. "We need to get a hold of ourselves."

"But the thing killed Bodil!" Ian replied.

"What happened happened. We can't change the past. But what we can do is stand up and work to avenge Bodil!" Seto said, also trying to help calm the people.

"Right!" Sky agreed, his voice weak.

"But the monster was able to single him out without you all noticing and bring a whole tree inside the house! I don't think we'll be able to do anything!" Bashur said.

"If you keep thinking that way then you'll be next!" Mitch turned to Bashur. "Do you wanna do that?Do you wanna cause your own death?"

Bashur gulped and shook his head. "I'm not gonna do that."

"Look, I understand, but in order to escape we need to be level headed." Seto sighed. "Which I cansee is hard but-"

"There's no choice but to get over it." Mitch ended Seto's sentence for him.

"Right." Seto nodded his head.

Tyler said nothing. He watched them.How could they ever be so level headed? Why was it already so different from before? They all freaked out last loop. What changed?Tyler wasn't feeling so well at all.

"What do we do now?" Ty asked.

"Well to fight back we would need to find more weapons." Brice said.