Chapter Thirty-eight: The Murderer

EnderOni, Loop 4

Chapter Thirty-eight:

The Murderer

-...-

Seto dropped the spell, the blood turning red again. It was time to move on.

But Seto could not move on. He knew now that time was running out again, faster and faster then the times before.

He did not return to his group, he only dropped off the phone. He had a new mission. He set out to look for the man whom started this all, but for what reason?

He needed the second side to the story.

-...-

It was a dream. A dream that involved a gun pointed to a head and the pulling of a trigger and the action of falling to the floor, dying, dying, dead. Blood, everywhere. Splattered on the floor and the wall and white clothing and skin. A body that did not rightfully belong to him. A body that no longer moved at all. A body that deserves rest at last.

There was a witness. Only one this time. This witness was the murderer this time too. This murderer was also in a body that was not rightfully his. He too had some form of white clothing. He had skin and blood of his own, only his was a different color. He was a different species.

This man stared down at the dead man below him, and he wasn't sure how to feel. Happy to have finally, f INALLY, kill his target, or sad because there was a feeling of attachment that he had not realized he had until just now? Now that this man was dead, the man he'd been both chasing and running from in different ways, there was something new he saw in that man. Something that he isn't sure if he should smile about or cry over.

Death is truly a mysterious thing, even when it's merely a death that was created in your head.

"Is this something I want to happen?" The murderer would think.

"Is this something I am willing to accept?" The dead man would speak if he were alive.

There was a lot of unspoken words between the two men. The two boys. The two players of a game that should never have begun. Words that both would love to scream aloud till their throats went dry, and then words that they would kill before another person even heard. Words are very dangerous.

"Are you happy that it turned out this way?" The dead man would ask

"Is this what you wanted?" The dead man would ask

"You're right. I do deserve this ending, don't I?" The dead man would ask.

"You're a monster, you know?" The dead man would ask.

"But then, so am I." The dead man would know.

The murderer would remain silent, but paragraphs of answers to the man's questions would run through his head and he'd continue to go insane. They are both the monster! They've both killed people, they've both held secrets. They hold from each other more then they take from one another.

The dead man is silent.

He's been silent the whole time.

The dead man has not said or thought a single word since the gun went off.

The murderer would turn away, unsure of what to do next. All of his plans had unfolded in front of him.

"Humans are truly weak creatures." He would sigh to himself.

He'd then walk out the doorway, pushing up his glasses, allowing the light to engulf him, so that he could finally wake up from this dream.

-...-