Epilogue

Enderoni

Epilogue

-...-

A month had passed since Seto reset time, and Tyler had asked to have his memory erased, and Unity said goodbye one last time.

Someone had arranged a picnic, but Seto wasn't really given all the details. A lot of his friends were going and Brice ended up delivering the invitation to him. Of course he accepted. He wasn't much of an outdoors person, but it would be nice to go. Besides, food he didn't have to pay for. Brice had told him that one or two of the people would be supplying most of it.

The location was at the edge of a large park, where quite a few long wooden tables were. It was on the edge of a forest, and the day in question happened to be very nice with blue sky and clouds and a slight but not bothersome wind. Seto wore lighter clothes, as it was pretty warm still. Brice had driven with him, and so the two walked over to the group of friends that were already setting up.

They said hello, Seto seeing Sky and Ty and Jason struggling to tape down a yellow cover over the tables. There was Sub and Sketch standing near the food, Sketch blabbering about something and Seto had to look closely but he swore he could see Sub signing something behind his back. Seto wasn't good at sign language, and if he could remember, Sub never used it that much, so he was left curious as to what Sub was doing. Probably a cry for help. Seto notice Sky eventually walk over and drag the conversation away from whatever Sketch was talking about, so he guessed Sub knew what he was doing.

Seto and Brice helped set up plates and napkins and stuff, along with Bashur and Ant and Kyle. Hwnt and Shelby and a few others like Simon and Bodil were off to the side in the playground that currently had no children in it, and Seto could see Bodil playing around on the child sized swings. Shelby was talking with a few others, including Zombi and Ross.

Though, what Seto liked seeing most was that Tyler was happy. Tyler looked happy and he was laughing at dumb jokes and he didn't look dead inside or worn out or angry or about to murder someone. Seto was glad. He was glad Tyler wouldn't have to remember any of what happened to him.

Time moved by quickly, eventually everyone was eating food and talking Seto found himself seated at the end of one of the tables, to one side of him, sitting closest, were Brice and Jason, and to the other Tyler and Kyle. His plate was half empty, and he had started slowly picking away at his food. He was listening to Brice and Jason talk about something, just listening. He had no input, but he enjoyed the entertainment.

And then he remembered something. Something about a picnic. He felt like he had known something significant about a picnic.

He looked away, towards the bushes and trees close to the table he sat at and he stared around, looking for movement. And then he saw someone. He was drawn to them, and as he stood up, he remembered who it was. As he walked over, slowly, Brice and Jason watched, curious as to what he was doing.

"Hey, You don't happen to be hungry or anything?" Seto asked, kneeling down near the bushes.

The boy he saw decided to trust Seto, and he crawled out to sit next to Seto. Seto bit back the urdge to say hello again and to act more friendly but he knew this Unity did not know him. This was the first time Unity had ever met him, which made Seto sad, for this was the last time he'd met Unity. Unity would said it himself.

Unity shook his head no.

"Well, you can sit with us anyway. You look pretty lonely." Seto said, standing up and holding out a hand to Unity. "My name's Seto."

Unity took his hand, standing up as well. In his hands he held tightly onto a journal, of which Seto recognized. Unity smiled.

"I'm Unity Chéri." He said.

"Well, let's go make a seat for you. I'm sure Tyler will move over a bit." Seto smiled.

Seto walked over to the table with Unity in hand, and he got Tyler to move over just a bit so that Unity could sit at the end of the row, next to him. Unity was offered food again, and though he had originally said no, he did end up receiving a hamburger. He took a bite of it only to start deconstructing it until he had the burger on it's own. And then he ate that.

"I'm guessing you don't really like much on your burger?" Brice asked, curious.

Unity shook his head. He was going to explain, as he felt like he had to, as he felt out of place with that question, but then Brice stopped him.

"That's alright, I know Seto doesn't eat fancy much either." He said.

"W-what?" Seto asked, Unity and Brice looking over to see he was still poking his food, which was a half eaten burger that really didn't have much on it.

Unity giggled a bit, and though Seto had spaced out a bit, he was glad that Unity was happy.

Unity pushed away the rest of the plate, which Brice took away later to put in the trash, and then opened up his journal on the table, spilling out crayons from his pocket. He showed some of his drawings to the people around him, and even Tyler complimented the kid. He then continued to draw on a blank page. He drew himself and he drew Seto and he drew Brice and Tyler and all the people around him. He wanted to remember them. He wanted to remember the first people to have made him felt good since he left home.

Unity held up a drawing to Seto later, when people began throwing things away and cleaning the tables, most of them up and about now.

The drawing was of him and Seto, outside, colored with the crayons.

Seto smiled warmly. "Did I tell you that I love seeing you draw?"

-...-

FIN.

-...-