Chapter Eight: He's gonna do it.

EnderOni Loop One,

Chapter Eight:

He's gonna do it.

-...-

     Sub finally decided to go get Ty and Bashur as they were the closest to him. Just down the hall, he gave them a fright when he banged on the door. Brice calmed Sub down while Ty and Bashur were forced to go get Jason's body. The mess in the hallway didn't make anything better for Bashur, whom was already slipping into some sort of mental state. 

    Jason was rested on the bed across from Ant. A few minutes later, Mitch and his group ran into the room, asking all sorts of questions about the blood in the hallway. Ty pointed them to Jason and they quickly shut up. 

   Sub had almost forgotten about why he was sent down in the first place. That was until Jerome had asked about where Sky, Seto, and Tyler were. Sub found a sheet of paper and wrote down a few answers. It was agreed that they would all go up together. 

"But who will stay here with Brice?" Ian asked. 

"I'm going too." Brice said, lifting himself off the bed. Ty walked over to help Brice, whom had to feel around with his feet to tell what was around him. 

"Are you sure you can do it?" Bashur asked weakly.

"With some help, i'll be fine." Brice sighed. "I won't let this disability overcome me." 

 "Alright."

   The group slowly got up to the 5th floor, Sub leading the way. When they got to the 5th floor, Sub had to nudge them in for the blood on the walls. The group was shocked to see what was inside. Tyler, Sky, and Seto looked up from their spots to see everyone. 

"Finally. We were getting worried." Tyler said. 

"Good to see you all made it up here." Seto said, walking over to help Ty with Brice. 

"Well, Actually, Seto..." Bashur began, but then Sky frowned. 

"Where is Jason?" Sky asked. 

"That's just it." Mitch motioned over to Sub. "Jason's dead."

"NO!" Sky felt anger spread through his body. 

    Seto gasped and looked at Sub, whom was looking at the ground. Tyler stood in the middle of the circle like deer in headlights.

"Jason?" Seto breathed. 

"He and Sub were attacked heading down." Ty said. 

"I should have gone with them, dammit!" Sky hissed under his breath. 

"The Oni left a 2 out of blood, just like he left a 1 for Ant." Bodil added. 

Tyler looked down at the bloody clock drawn out on the ground. 

"The Oni is leaving the numbers behind, probably to represent those whom have died. If Ant is 1 O'clock, and Jason is 2 O'clock, then whomever the Oni targets next is 3 O'clock." He said.

"What is that?" Mitch asked. 

"We think it's some sort of puzzle." Sky said, walking back over to the paper on the wall. He cleared his throat and read it aloud. "The clock strikes one, one goes down. The clock strikes two, one goes down. So on, so forth. But once the clock strikes twelve, another one falls. The clock can strike one again, but the loop has restarted and all shall fall again. One is left alive each time. That is, unless the clock is broken." 

    Those whom just came in started walking about the room, looking around. Mitch and Ty went over to the paper, Sub staying near the door. Seto helped Brice and Bashur kept as far away from the bloody clock as possible. Jerome and everyone else inspected the clock and it's numbers.