Chapter Thirty Two: Intermission

EnderOni, Loop Three

Chapter Thirty Two:

Intermission

-...-

He sat in the corner of the dark room, his head leaning against the wooden wall. Next to him was a window, and outside, he could hear the wind and the birds. He just couldn't see any of it. He was alone in this room, and he didn't really want to think about how his friends were holding up. He knew some of them were dead, some were dying, and the oni was angrily searching for him, and only him. So he stayed quiet, he shifted his legs to be more comfortable, and hugged the journal in his arms like a kid hugs their stuffed animal.

He didn't really know how this happened, but one moment he was dead, and the next, he was alive again. He was at the start of the loop again. And this being his third time stuck in the mansion, he couldn't keep his cool. In fact, the moment he realized he was still alive, he broke down crying. He screamed and tried to beat down the front door, but of course Sky, Ty, Bashur, and Sub had to calm him down.

Sure, he could be considered a bit more level headed, or was it just that he was calmer? He had a lot of questions to ponder, with nobody to ask. Onity would not tell him anything, and to be honest, he hadn't seen the bastard at all this loop. All he saw was that murderous monster, who probably was the bastard. And he seemed pissed. It made sense, as he had lived, and the rules to the game were all broken.

He yawned, hearing foot steps from outside the door, in the hallway. Nobody stopped by the door to his dark room though. He was glad about that. As he rested, trying to figure out what he was to do, he looked down at the journal, flipped through it. He found a few new pages, ones he didn't remember writing. He found some notes, but most importantly, a spell. Beside the spell was a drawing of a clock.

Suddenly there was ringing sound. But it didn't really startle him. He turned to eye the phone sitting on the desk on the other side of the room by the door. It was his phone, and the caller ID showed a very familiar face. The ringing attracted unwelcomed guests, as a banging sound was heard from the door. He pulled his knees up to his chest and kept his face hidden, hoping it would all go away.

The phone then stopped, and the caller left a message.

"H-Hey, Tyler! Please answer me, dude! Where the hell are you!? Where is everyone!? You've been missing for days and so has Sky a-and Ty and Sub and it's scaring the hell out of me!" The caller sounded panicked. "I'm worried, everyone is worried! Please, for the love of god, answer me!"

The message ended, and for a moment, the only sound was the banging on the door. But then the boy lifted his head out to stare at the phone. In his sad eyes, a tear formed.

"I'm so sorry, Kyle." He spoke. "It'll take me another go to get this all right..."

-...-

End Loop Three

-...-

Loop Four coming soon?

-...-