Chapter Nineteen: A Dream

EnderOni, Loop One

Chapter Nineteen:

A Dream

-...-

It wasn't long before Seto had started to mumble to himself, and then was loud enough for the other three to hear. He stood up from his seat at the table and looked at the other three.

“I still find it hard to believe that not once since I've been here have I ever seen the real Ty.” Seto frowned. He looked unbelievably tired.

“And you know what else i've noticed?” Seto asked, and the other three shook their heads.

“If Ty was the Oni this whole time, this means that the Oni can, in fact, get into the safe room!” Seto said.

“Oh.” Tyler heard Ian go, and then he himself wondered how he didn't make the connect straight away.

“He sat in here with us as we believed it was our only safe place.” Seto continued. “But because he dragged us out before trying to kill us, I think he's unable to switch to his oni form in this room.”

“Or it was because he wanted to show us the real Ty? Come on, other then an iron door, there is nothing keeping that thing out of here.” Bodil replied.

There was another silence, and Tyler got up from where he sat. He placed his book on the table and walked into the bathroom, coming back out a few seconds later having pushed water into his face. He sat back down.

“Oh god.” Seto suddenly tensed up, staring into space.

“What? What's wrong?” Ian asked, looking concerned.

“OH PLEASE TELL ME I'M WRONG!” Seto gripped the side of the table, beginning to freak out.

“What?” Tyler asked.

Seto turned to them.

“If Ty has been an Oni the whole time, that means there is more then one Oni.” Seto said.

“W-What? T-That can't be true!” Bodil gasped.

“Actually...” Tyler frowned, standing up.

“You see, Ty has been with us just about the whole time. Even during battles with the Oni. He's come out of nowhere and saved us before. So he and the oni have been in the same room. Meaning, there is more then one Oni here.” Seto explained.

“B-but one Oni attacks each time.” Ian said. “It always looks like the same one.”

“Maybe the same one attacks us each time, maybe they all look the same. There is more then one, though, and we have no way of knowing how many.” Seto replied.