Chapter Thirty-nine: Wrong

EnderOni, Loop 4

Chapter Thirty-nine:

Wrong

-...-

Unity tried so very hard to sneak around the mansion and get a hold of the situation that everyone was in. He took in that people were beginning to split up, but still all talk about survival as if it was the only thing they can achieve. Unity knew about the group outside, and he saw Sketch and Hwnt wondering around the basement.

He also saw Kyle. He couldn't look at the man long or else he'd start to have a heart attack. It wasn't that the death scared him, it was the fact that kyle was an innocent life that he had stolen. The blood was on his hands, or at least it was going to be and there was nothing he could do to stop that.

A thing about Unity, and even Onity, that important to note is that neither of them become depressed or lose confidence in themselves. They view things just the way they are, not allowing their own or other's opinions or judgments to mix with the truth. Well, most of the time. Unity knows he is smart and never thinks otherwise. Unity also knows he is doomed to become a murderer, and knows that because he cannot escape that fate, there is no real use denying it. He is very upset that this is his fate, but as time goes on, he feels more and more used to it. He does, however, want to help the people whom he will end up hurting. He wants to make sure they gain the happy ending they deserve.

Talking to Seto about it only made him realize then how wrong it was that all this stress was on him, a twelve year old child. Seto made him realize a lot of things. Seto was a very nice man, and Unity wished he could get to know him better.

Anyway,

They are the kind of person who looks at the problem and digs for the solution and then acts on it. If an act was their fault, they apologize, and move on if it can't be fixed. If it can, they will go out of their way to fix it. But this time, this isn't the case. Onity is not seeing the problem in his actions and Unity cannot move on from this problem that he cannot fix. This problem will resolve itself with time, which is the most painful solution to give. Unity is very patient and can wait years for things, however this situation was driving him insane.

If that made any sense.

There is another problem that Unity has noticed as he walks around the mansion.

The progression of events is altering greatly. People are doing actions sooner then they should be. He doesn't know the future, so has no clue what they should be doing, but he had a general idea. He was very fond of the magic of time, and this was a sudden change. Was it because he talked to Seto? Was that a bad idea? It's too late now. Unity is watching, following Seto as he looks for Onity. Unity also notices Tyler looking for something. Something he fears. Something he knows he will have to face in the future as well.

-...-

Onity had found himself back in the mansion. He had new targets. Well, he was going to have new targets. He wasn't really looking for anyone in particular, he just walked around the mansion, knowing that eventually, he'd run into someone. He felt so much bloodlust, it was hard to keep a calm face, but he had to. He also wanted to enjoy the time in the silent hallways.

He was still upset about the game, and how that had not gone his way, but he took a deep breath. He had to face the facts and move on.

That's when he realized he'd forgotten to write Kyle's number.

Onity stopped walking, standing in the hallway, staring into the space ahead of him, suddenly in deep thought. He'd forgotten to write any number at all. That wAS HIS THING. That felt so wrong to forget it. He was even going to write the number fourteen this time too. How could this happen? Another thought popped into his head. Time was altering. The thought was random and he didn't know what to think of it. How so? Why? All he knew was that things, in that moment, felt different.