Chapter Fourteen: Tetris

EnderOni, Loop One:

Chapter 14:

Tetris

-...-

It had been decided later, once Seto had walked back into the room, that they would do something other then sit around. Look for more keys. Bodil and Ian wanted to stay, and Mitch had a head ache and was forced to stay, but Sky, Ty, Seto, Tyler, and Sub were leaving. The plan was to look around for more keys, as well as try to get into the other rooms on the second floor. Seto made it clear that there was no splitting up, and that all five of them were to stick together.

They left after a half an hour of hesitation, and the horrible knowledge that they might not make it back to the safe room overcame their minds. But they had to fight onwards. They walked around, trying to get into rooms on the second floor. The door to room 203 was still unlocked, and they went in to search around again. Nothing had been added to the room since Seto, Brice, and Jason had been in there. Well, other then the reminder that Jason and Brice were both dead. The two people that Seto had came to this mansion with.

Pretty much all the other doors on the floor were locked. After a small argument over where else to look, it was determined that they would go upstairs to search, yet again. Tyler was being pretty quite, but had requested to see the fifth floor again. There was also the room with the red chair and other things that they had been reminded that they could check over again.

Sub sighed, the door to the lounge room closing behind him. He saw everyone wondering around the room, Seto keeping an eye out on that leaver that was still there. Still, with no clue as to what it did. Sky and Tyler looked around the two beds that where there and Ty walked around slowly. Sub watched Ty. Sub felt a horrible sickness in his stomach when he saw Ty. Ty used to be a close friend, but then the mansion happened, and Ty was no longer himself.

Sub hadn't moved from where he stood as all he could think about was Ty. He gulped, trying to shake the thoughts away. He knew the truth. He knew things nobody else did! But he couldn't speak. He remembered Seto asking him what he would say, and he remembered Ty saying he was glad Sub was mute. He'd write his words on the wall if he could, but there was no crayon or pencil or pen to be found. Water wouldn't show up, and blood seemed to be the only thing available. But then, what was used to write in the journal Tyler had?

“Something wrong?”

Sub blinked seeing Tyler had noticed. Sub shook his head, walking away to make it look like he was actually doing something. Tyler watched, curious, but didn't say anything farther. Sub looked around the book shelves, his hands shaking. He wanted to cry. He wanted to go home. He wanted to bug Sketch again and mess with Sky's recordings again. He wanted eventing to be normal again. He wanted Ty to be normal again.

Sub moved over to a small desk, pulling at the drawers and looking around. He looked around the top of the desk, finding blank papers and books, a mug, and a candle stick. He grabbed the candle stick, his hand flinching to it's cold surface. His hand shook with it in it's hold, and he stared down at the table, yet again forgetting where he was and spacing out.

He had to do something. He had to do something before it was too late. Before the next hour ticked by.

“Sub, come on, we're don he-” Ty walked over, reaching out to Sub's shoulder.