🌹 | The Motel. (2)

John b straight away cannonballs in.

"Think there's a dead body down there?" jj laughs. He jumps in alongside John B.

Kie and I jump in together.

"Get your ass in here!"
"Pope, come on!"

We rush Pope as he takes off his shirt and then jumps in with us.

We dive down and swim to the boat, my eyes widen even more when I realise I recognize the boat. Shit, it's the boat I seen yesterday on the surge.

I swim up to catch my breath, so do the others.

We all laugh in shock and climb back up onto the boat.

"You guys saw that?" I say, gasping for air.

Pope laughs, out of breath. "Yeah."

"That's a Grady-White. A new one of those is like 500 gs, easy." jj explains.

I roll my eyes at jj and his boat smart self.

"Okay!" Kie laughs with shock.

"That's a primo rig." j finishes.

"Yeah," I exhale. "that's the boat I saw yesterday when we surged the surge."

"Maybe it hit the jetty or something." John b inputs.

"You guys surfed the surge?" Kiara says, being the concerned mom of the group.

"Yeah that's my boys, that's my girl. Pogue style." jj took me, john b and pope in for a hug.

"What the heck?" Kie says, looking at John B, annoyed.

"Wait, wait. Do we know who's boat that is?" Pope asks.

"Nah, but we're about to find that out." John b answers.

"Dude it's way too deep." I say.

"Oh, for the weak and feeble, Darla." John b says, making me scoff.

"Well I'm not resuscitating you, I'm just making that clear and up front." jj adds in, agreeing with me.

"Diver down, fool." Pope laughs.

"Yeah he is!" jj says quickly, before shoving him into the water.

___________________________
"Should we go get him?" Pope asks, worried.

Suddenly John b pops up, panting and gasping for air.

"So, any dead bodies?" jj asks, interested as John b climbs onto the boat.

"I thought for a minute you'd be the dead body down there for how long you were under." I say, the caring friend I am..

"No and, that's nice Darl." He replies. "But I found this motel key." He holds up a yellow tagged key.

"A key." Pope sighs.
"Yes, a key Pope."

"Perfect! We salvaged a motel key." jj groans, throwing his hands up in the air, dramatically.

"Guys, we should report the wreck to the coast guard." Kie advised.

"Yeah, and get a finders fee." I say, supporting her idea.

"And not work all summer." jj plotted.

"Thanks Agatha, ya batch."

____________________________

We walk into a crowded and hustling area where the coast guard was stressed, answering all the questions of the concerned customers.

"A diebetic dog? You understand how stupid you sound?" The man shouted at the coast guard.