🌊 | He's just a liar. (52)

I fix my hair to my right shoulder, walking out to the party that is being hosted at the back of the wreck. Kie let me borrow a nice dress and we got ready earlier while I ranted about last night. It won't get out of my head, not that I was expecting it to.

Kie turns around from talking to some of Anna's friends, she sees me and runs over with a glass of something pink. "Try." She demands, shoving it into my hand.

"Koolaid?" I raise an eyebrow, sniffing it. But when I do it appears to be something stronger.

"Sure, call it that." She winks at me, turning back to the crowd. I take a sip, my face screwing up when I swallow.

"I don't know what it is, but it's some serious shit." She laughs, shrugging.

I shake my head, passing it back to her. "Kiara promise to never let me drink that shit again."

She places it on a round table beside her, looking back at me with a roll of the eye. "You got a hold of Sarah?"

I shake my head with a sigh, looking around for her. Kie has the same situation.

Suddenly we feel a presence behind us, and over pops the Sarah that was previously brought up. We both turn and celebrate a little, but she doesn't seem to eager for a party. She has a new dress on, her makeup roughly applied. She seems out of it.

"Sarah, try-"

"Don't try." I push the drink that Kie is offering away from a sorrowed Sarah. "That definitely wont make whatever is wrong any better."

"How do you know?" Sarah looks up after cowering at the ground for a second, in which I raise an eyebrow to. "With an expression like that?"

"It wasn't Wheeze at the house." She sniffles, holding her mouth before speaking. "It was a stupid set up for Ward to suddenly make an appearance."

I stare blankly at her as she finishes talking, returning back to her upsetting state. Kie has to take a minute to turn away from disappointment that Ward's back on the island.

"Of course, just when life was slowly toning down, he shows up." I scoff, crossing my arms.

"Are you kidding me Sarah? That doesn't even make sense." Kie finally speaks up, in denial and shaking her head vigorously. "Ward's on this island? Like the same island we are on, Sarah?"

"Yes. He's back. Mm-Hmm." Sarah looks away, annoyed now. She's overcome the sadness and is now just pissed.

"The second I see him, I'm turning him in." Kie states, bravely, Sarah and I turn to her.

"I mean it." She finishes, shaking her head.

"Fair, I'd have the same reaction if I saw him, sorry Sar." I sigh, now looking over to Sarah.

"No offence taken." Sarah looks to the side, spotting Topper so suddenly. "Kie you didn't tell me Topper was gonna be here."

"My mom invited like the whole island." Kie says, shrugging and sipping at the pink shit. I blink, the whole island could mean a few of my old friends too.

"Shit." Sarah rubs her forehead.

"It's not a big deal, we'll keep him away." I say, adjusting myself so that maybe Sarah gets a bit more coverage from Topper.

Suddenly Topper calls out her name.

"Hes coming over." Kie mumbles , twirling her straw around.

"Don't leave me," Sarah mutters, shaking her head multiple times. I slowly gravitate away with Kie as Sarah discreetly panics. "We won't go far." I assure her, whilst moving as far away as possible.