🌿 | the plan (26)

We walk up the chateau driveway, I have Ren's cold and frail hand in mine.

I open the door, she hesitated to go in.

"What's wrong?" I turn back at her.

"What if your friends don't want me here?" She asks slowly.

"Don't be silly, they would love to have you!" I smile.

"Darla..." She sighs.

"Ren, I promise you. Everything is going to be just fine. I have your back. And plus, you're going to adore Kiara and Sarah." I nod.

She gulps, feeling the slightest bit better. "Alright."

I walk in with her. "Anyone here?"

"Kie.." I hear a bland voice reply.

"Who's Kie?" Ren whispers.

"Kiara." I grin.

"Yes, I said I'm here!" She calls from the living room.

I walk in with a worried and nervous Ren behind me.

"Woah, who's that?" She asks.

"This is my step sister Ren, if it's okay- can we mind her for a couple nights?" I ask.

She nods quickly. "Of course."

I smile. "You can sleep next to me Ren, okay? Go get comfy."

She nods, anxiously biting her fingernails.

"Ren? Is that a nickname for something?" Kie asks.

"Lauren, But no one calls her that." I tuck my hair behind my ear, huffing as I take Rens back from her back.

"Lauren is a beautiful name, but so is Ren. It's so nice to meet you sweetie." Kie sounds all sweet and caring. It's so sweet.

"Thank you.." Ren quietly stutters.

"Ren how about you go and get fixed in the bathroom, I need to talk to Kiara real quick."

She flicks her hair and turns around, walking towards the open doored bathroom.

She shuts the door behind her.

"So, what's that about?" Kie asks.

"It's only for tonight, or maybe two nights.. but it's because of my dad, he's not treating her well." I explain.

She frowns. "I know, I see that in your face, Darla. I didn't want to say it in front of her."

I remember my busted lip and bruised eye. "Oh, this? Yeah. Nothing that hasn't happened before."

"Darl, let me clean you up." She stands up from the couch bed.

I sigh. "It's fine. But, why are you here?"

"My mom went ape on me because I'm not living the life she wanted for me." She trails off.

I look down at Kies phone on the couch.

Tell Darl to meet me outside Chateau in ten pls - From Jj Maybank.

"And my dads all like 'Oh yeah! Your moms right!'. Like shut up!"

"Hey, Kie. I have to meet Jj soon, it says on your phone." I interrupt. 

"Oh, damn it. Here just let me put a plaster on your lip. If you keep annoying it it'll flare up and hurt even more." She walks over.

I let her wrap the plaster in my bottom lip. "Kie, can you just reassure Ren that you don't mind her being here? She's really nervous."

She nods, smoothing out the plaster. "Go, I'll take care of her."