🌹 | The compass. (5)

"jj! pope! move!" I yell.

"what are you- DARLA FUCKING DUCK!" jj goes to grab my wrist and notices the huge bruise on it. he pauses, which confuses me until I realise he seen the bruise.

I pull my arm away quickly and grab the fishing net.

"Darla, get down!" Pope yells.

I open the net, now standing and throw it up in the air.

It lands in the water, the boat behind hits the net, and the boat gets stuck in it. "Shit!" I hear them yell.

I duck quickly after, looking over at jj.

his face is stern, he isn't asking if i'm alright, he's just staring at my wrist.

Pope pulls me in to hug me asking me if i'm alright, but I pull away .. I don't really want a hug right now.

"Darla, what the fuck!!" Kie yells.
"You could've died!"

"I saved us, so actually, we could've died if I didn't do that." I yell back.

"Don't do that ever again." I hear jj say, he's looking at me with a serious emotion.

"Yeah, ok." I say, shrugging.

______________________________

We arrive back at the chateau and get off the boat, John b is holding something.

Pope and Kie run in front, nervous but happy we got something out of this all.

"What do you think it is?" Kie says, excitedly.

"Gotta be money, right?" John b says, smiling.

I help jj tie off the boat.

He looks at me as I tie it, then at my wrist again.

"Darla- .."

"Can we just see what's in the bag first, j. I promise I'll explain it all later." I say, cutting him off before any of the others overhear.

He clenched his jaw as I walk off to the rest, putting a fake smile on.

"How bout a couple keys with street value to the low- to mid-mils!" I suggest, me and John b excitedly 'oooh' together.

"Can we please just open the bag? the suspense is killing me." Pope says as Jj catches up with us, stopping and leaning his back against the railing.

"That's a rare outburst of emotion Pope," jj says.

"Jeez man!" John b laughs, unzipping the bag.

"Just open the bag, we almost died over this."

Inside was a canister, John b opens the canister to reveal...

a compass.

"Oh wow, Yup. That's about right." Pope complains, infuriated that we wasted our time over this.

"Good job everybody, we found a compass."

jj takes off his hand and rolls his eyes.

I was about to complain too until I noticed John b smiling a little.

"Dude, what? It's not worth anything." jj sighs.

"This was my fathers." He smiles, in awe.

_____________________________
11.24pm

John has literally been fiddling with this compass all night, he can't stop admiring it.

"I don't get it, why was his dads compass in Scooter Grubbs boat?" I say to Kie, we're sitting on the couch out on the dock.