🌊| His stupid motorbike. (48)

I walk to the other side of the boat, we're at the port now and I have to find the rest of the crew.

I push past the people who are crowded around the place when I see a few familiar heads.

"Hey." I huff, gathering my hair to my left shoulder.

"Was he okay?" Kie asks me, not worried for Tanner, but for JJ. Because JJ might get charges pressed against him.

I shrug lightly. "He will be."

Topper follows quickly after me. "Y'all see what happened to Tanner back there? Yeesh."

JJ slightly glances, showing little to no interest. "Mm."

I stand away from him, still furious at him. Why, after all the betrayal, did he think it would be okay to clock someone I know in the face?

"Topper, do you have a truck all ready?" Sarah asks, trying to switch conversation.

"Uh, yeah. It's all good." He stutters, looking at all the people he's bringing along. "Might be a bit of a tight squeeze."

"It'll be cool. I'm sure we'll all fit." Sarah crosses her arms, lying a little. There's no way six of us will fit in his truck.

_____________________________

"Well, there's like 1,000 trains here." Sarah groans as we stand upon a rusty train, out looking the many others.

We got to Wilmington just fine, other than all the bombarding questions of Topper, asking why we're going her and what we're up to.

"We know that it's car 750X on the track to Raleigh." Pope recalls, tapping his foot against the steel of the train roof.

"Yeah, so now we gotta find it." JJ starts.

"News flash, we're not getting out of here unnoticed with a giant cross." Kie points out as we all look over to her.

"Yeah, especially not with Toppers open truck." I add, pointing down to the truck with an opened back.

"What did you expect, a lorry?" Sarah blinks. "Be grateful he's helping out."

"Yeah, for now. Until he last minute realises that what we're doing is very illegal and will bail without question." I mumble under a short breath.

"You never have faith in him." She scoffs.

"I have every reason not to, remember when he—"

"We're not here for story-times, we're here to jack a cross." Pope interrupts me almost immediately.

I roll my eyes in defeat. "Back to what Kie was saying, we're not going to be able to steal this cross without being spotted."

"We'll have to nab it somewhere further in the country, but first we gotta find a way to stop the train." Pope replies to me.

"Leave that to me." JJ randomly inputs.

I squint my eyes and look over to him, what this time?

"I got an uncle up in New Bern, right? When he got tipsy, he'd just throw an old chain across the tracks, just for shits and giggles. And that old little chain would stop all the train traffic in Coastal Carolina." He nods, proud of his plan.

"A chain?" I blink.

"He's.. surprisingly right. There's a low-voltage current that runs across all rail tracks. Throw a chain on it, you close the circuit. It would read as another train. Crossing lights come down. Science is actually pretty sound."

JJ smiles brightly, glad that he's right. "Science, I knew my science."

I shake my head.

"I bet Toppers dad has jumper cables in the truck." Sarah nods. "Would that work?"