🌿| Hell and back. (37)

"You seriously didn't grab nothing, not even a gun?" JJ complains to them.

I lean my head back. "There was four of you, and you come back empty handed."

"We tr.. we tried, okay? I got attacked." John b sighs.

"This is why Darl and I should've gone with." JJ says.

"Let me get this straight, you five, with no weapons, decided you were gonna hijack this tramp steamer on your own?" Cleo butts in.

"You have any idea who these people are?" She laughs. "Eberhimi, if he catch you, he kill you. Dead. Cut off your fingers."

"Okay. What about waiting until we get to the port?" I suggest. "At least then if something goes wrong, we have a place to run."

"No, No we can't do that." Pope shakes hishead.

"Why?g gfgg g gl g"Because, I've run this scenario over 1,000 times in my head, and our best chances are on this ship. There's 15 crew members and five of us." He explains.

"Exactly." I interrupt.

"Three-to-one odds." He says. "Best it'll get. We wait till we get there, they'll trap us."

"We have no chance." I say.

"No, Darl, there's something else. Wards alive." He says quickly.

I gasp.

"He's alive, and he's on the boat." He says.

"What?" I yell.

"Are you kidding?" JJ say's.

"What the fuck?" Kie shouts.

"You're serious?" Pope asks.

"It was all a setup, blowing up the boat, the confession to Shoupe. Think about it. That was to clear Rafe's name. And he does what? Goes to the Druthers. And what's on the Druthers?"

"Scuba." I scoff.

"Bingo." John b nods.

"So, Wards alive, huh?" JJ asks. "And he has the gold, and the cross. And Sarah."

JJ lowers himself down.

"Thanks for rubbing that in." Kie nods.

"So, he's just gonna get away with everything again, huh?" he asks. "Not happening. We're not watching the movie again, right, Pope?"

"You said we'd win." He says. "And with her, we're gonna take the bridge. We're gonna take it right now."

He looks around at everyone. "You with me?"

"Let's do it." John b nods.

"I'm with you, and I wanna be the one to take that bridge." Pope declares.

Cleo starts to chuckle. "He's gonna take the bridge?"

"Yeah." JJ says.

"He couldn't even take me." She scoffs.

"First of all, I was going easy on you." Pope says.

"I went easy on you." She argues.

JJ shushes them both.

"Relax, all of you." John b says.

"If you're really with us, if we use that knife, we can go up to the bridge." JJ says to Cleo. "Hold it up to the captains neck, then we go on the intercom."

Cleo looks up at me.

"Order him to tell every single crew member and passenger to go to a certain place, once they're all in the same place- bam, we lock them in there, and we take back what's ours."He continues.