🌹 | The kegger. (3)

We get back to the dock and see a man getting pulled in on a stretcher.

A panicked woman calls out for her husband, in tears.

"Who's that?" John B asks, feeling a bit bad for the lady.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out last night during the storm." A blonde haired pogue tells us.

"Check out this pic I got." She shows me and John b a picture of a corpse, who was, Im guessing, Scooter. I look away quicker than I looked at it from disgust as she shows the rest.

"Dead body.." she laughs.

"Insane." Kie says, observing it.

"What kind of boat did he have?" jj asks out of his boat smary curiosity. 'Course he did.

"Somehow, that dirt-bag copped a brand-new Grady-White." She explains. I freeze, looking at jj.

"Everyone's out looking for it."

jj looks back at me, we all hit realisation.

_____________________________

"Okay, so um.. we didn't see anything." Pope concludes, rushing into the chateau were we all sat.

"We don't know anything." He says, panicked. "We need to have total and complete amnesia."

"Actually, Popes right for once." jj nods. "See I agree with you sometimes, deny, deny, deny."

I lean back in my chair.

"Guys, we can't keep that money." Kie says, but specifically to jj.

"Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." jj scoffs.

"Or the gun." I cross my arms.

He clenched his jaw, somewhat knowing i'm right .. but he doesn't want to give that gun away.

"We have to pass that money off to Lana Grubbs." Kie explains. "Otherwise, it's bad karma."

"We got to go dark." Pope informs us.

"If that means we get to the keep the money, then I agree." jj says, looking out onto the marsh from inside.

"I don't agree." John b says.

"Why?"

"Think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs, same guy who's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. One time I saw him begging for change in the Save-a-lot parking lot cause he needed gas. He's a marina rat. How could he suddenly have copped a brand new grady white? Just sayin'." John b says.

____________________________

John b and jj have come to the conclusion that it's a smuggling ship, with serious contraband on the inside. So we could get filthy rich.

Pope doesn't agree, because if it is contraband, it belongs to someone else and they'll come looking for it.

"All we need to do is cough up a bit of dough to make our way down to that wreck." jj says.

"Kegger?" I say, with a smile.

______________________________

We walk down to the beach with the kegger in hand.

Kie and I set up the hose while the boys open the kegger.

Many people started gathering. Soon enough half the island was at the kegger party.

I grab a filled cup and walk off to the side, sitting down. Kie follows after me. "Hey." She says, as I watch all the kooks and pogues bicker in front of me.