🌊| It all fell down. (45)

Darla still leans against the boat, she looks out among the place she has known off by heart. They were back at the OBX.

They previously dropped Sarah off at the château. And are now coming to the next dock.

The anchor chain lowers, and Cleo's eyes fill with wonder.

"How do you like it?" Darla says with a smile as she looks over at a mesmerised Cleo.

"It's so cosy. Not big and intimidating, it's nice." She nods.

"Yeah, suppose so." Darla shrugs.

"So, where's your place?" Cleo asks.

"Oh, my real home? The château, or the house my mom and I lived in, But I had to move to my dads, so that got bulldozed 'cause no one was buying it.." Darla sighs.

"Had to move?" Cleo questions, now looking over.

"Long story, i'll tell you some other time." She smiles it off, standing up and preparing to leave the boat. "When I get the money, I promised myself I'd buy the land and build the house back exactly how it used to look."

"What a plan, hopefully I'm still around in the OBX to see it." She laughs. "If you get the money."

"I doubt it." Darla shakes her head. "From what it looks like, we'll be young dumb and broke all our lives."

The crew steps off the boat and onto the dock.

"Welcome to the Outer Banks, Cleo." Pope says with a grin.

"You're crazy, Pope. Your parents are not gonna appreciate me shacking up." She shakes her head.

"Of course they will, you kidding me? Heyward might put you to work, but we could always use the help." He shrugs.

"You sure?" She asks.

"Positive."

We get to Kies house first, I can tell she's really dreading the whole meet up with her parents. She left with no alert. And has been missing ever since.

"This is me." She says with a deflated sigh, placing her hand on the gate and pulling it open. "Home sweet home."

"Damn, Kiara. You live here?" Cleo laughs. "This is like the white house, man."

"How bad do you think it's gonna be?" Pope sighs.

J sits on the step.

"Scale of one to ten? Twenty." She nods.

Darla feels bad for her. She walks over and hugs her tight.

Kie hugs her back, but feels regret everyone they interact, knowing she doesn't know about her and JJ.

Darla pulls out from the hug, holding her shoulders. "Text me and let me know you're alive, all right?"

Kie nods. "Thanks, Darl."

"Of course." Darla smiles, tucking Kies hair behind her ear.

Kie walks up the steps. "Thanks for walking me."

She stops and turns to JJ. "Bye Jayj."

Darla cocks an eyebrow, a bit confused as to why she only said bye to JJ.

JJ salutes her.

Darla squints, but doesn't think about it too much.

______________________________

JJ and Darla were nearly at Natalie's house.

They had previously left Pope and Cleo at Heywards, and JJ agreed to walk with Darla to her house.