🌹 | Redfield. (6)

"And then, we were right outside like this.." jj is explaining what happened at Ms. Lanas house. He leans against the wall, reinacting the scene.

"And then all we hear, is just- bam! bam!" He said, stressed out. "Knocking paint off the wall, g!"

I look at jj, finding it hard follow, even though i was there.

"First off, look at this shit!" He walks over to us and shakes his hair, the paint follicles sprinkling everywhere.

"That's.. dandruff. Disgusting." Kiara says.

"Alright- jj." Pope says, asking him to stop.

"Its not dandruff, it's paint." I clarify. "Maybe paint mixed with dandruff but.."

"Look at all that! That's paint." jj cries.

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us?" Pope asks me.

"Yeah," me and jj say at the same time.

"Did you get a good look at them? what do they look like?" he asks us.

"Anything," Kie adds.

"Mm- burly?" jj says.

"Burly?" Pope says, disappointed.

"You know, like--"

"That's not very helpful jj." Kie sighs.

"No. like- you know how them guys look at my dads garage. The guys he sold cargo hides to, smuggling drugs. That type of burly." He explains.

"Yeah, we know.." Pope and Kie say. m

"So I can tell you, these boys- these killers," He inhales some smoke from his juul. "Square groupers."

"Like narco square groupers? Pablo Escobar square groupers?" Pops asks.

"Mhm." I say.

"Not everything's a kingpin movie." Kie groans.

"Okay so what do these square groupers look like?" Pope asks, getting impatient.

"You weren't there, bro!" I say to him, he's asking so many questions when there was a woman getting beaten up inside there.

"Apparently you guys don't know what to look for!" Pops yells.

"Dude! I wasn't taking mental Polaroids the entire time, man! I was under duress, okay?" jj cries, his voice cracking in the middle.

I huff and take over for him, because I know he's distressed. "I can tell you by the way Ms. Lana was screaming.. these guys are serious hombres, man."

jj sits down, his head in his hands.

"Why would they want the compass?" Kie asks.

"Things a piece of shit, you couldn't pawn it for five bucks if you wanted to." Pope says.

I give Pope a look, telling him to shut up.

"No offence, John b, I know it's in your family." Pope says after seeing me look at him.

"The office." John b says, ignoring him. "My dads office- he always kept his office locked, he was worried about competitors and shit. We used to laugh about it all the time"

John b takes out a key. "I just left it as he kept it, ever since he was gone."

"Mhm, for when he comes home." I say, looking at the rest as they raise their eyebrows.

We walk in.

John b starts rooting around and grabbing books.

"What the hell, i thought this was just a storage room or something.." I look around.