🌊| Topper again, fun. (51)

I brush myself off, tying back my hair while John B and JJ formulate a plan out on the dock. I should probably go, check and see if Pope is alright. Check on Sarah, Kie and them.

I walk out to the dock their siting on. "Hey." I sigh, brushing myself off. "I'm gonna go, uh.. check on Pope. Just call me if you need me. K?" I smile.

JJ scrunches his brows. John B nods. "We'll let you know what plan we sorted."

I sigh, nodding. "Alright, see you." I look at JJ, he salutes me with a smile before I smile back and take my leave.

***

I get to the main parts of the island, all the stores and shit. I figured I should go into the Wreck and check on Kie, I haven't heard from her in a while.

I'm walking down a path, reliving last night. I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that we.. well nearly hooked up.

"Pass it, dude!" I hear a voice from in a small alleyway, I look over while walking by. Probably just young teens like I used to be, messing around.

My eyes widen when I realise it's Ren and some random guys and like 2 girls. And what they're passing is a joint.

I stop. "Ren?"

She looks over, her face dropping when she sees me. I haven't actually seen her since before I left the island for the Coastal Venture shit.

She exhales some smoke, shoving the joint into a boys chest before sprinting over to me and hugging me immediately.

I chuckle, hugging her back. "Hey, you little carbon copy of myself. Smoking weed now?"

She pulls back, her eyes a bit teary. "I mean, I knew you were back. But I didn't know where you were. It's too good to see you, Darl." Before pushing herself into me again.

I pout my bottom lip, rubbing her head. "I missed you too, Ren."

She suddenly shoves me. "But fuck you for leaving, again!" I can tell she's a bit zoned out from whatever's in the weed.

I sigh. "Yeah, that's my bad. It just came up. I didn't know we'd be stranded on an island, all right?"

She crosses her arms. "It was lonely without you, but don't worry. Bea kept me some company. She's been seeing this new guy though, and won't shut up about him."

I giggle. "Mhm, good to see her moving on from psycho Rafe."

She brings her finger to her lips, looking around. "Shh, I'm hanging out with Wheezie now, your lucky she's not home."

My eyes widen. "You're hanging round with Wheezie Cameron?"

"Yeah. She's cool. And she sometimes steals her brothers crack!" She whispers, I think she's a little drunk too. Because why the hell would she think I'd be happy to hear she's doing drugs?

I smack her in the side of the head in hopes it would knock some sense into her. "Lauren, no! You're not doing drugs."

She scoffs, holding her head. "As if you weren't at my age! Stop being such a hypocrite."

"I wasn't, we occasionally stole beers from my moms fridge and smoked some weed, but never ever did I do coke." I clarify, so rageful that she'd think it's cool to do cocaine. "Don't ever do it again, it fucks you."