🌿| grief and more grief. (30)

I pulled back from the kiss, looking up into jjs eyes.

He had a contagious smile painted across his face.

"Let's keep this on the down-low, the others might not necessarily be happy." I say.

He nods. "Yeah."

I tuck my hair behind my ear. "I'm going back to my dads, so.. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow." He smiles.

I slowly travel away, the rain still coming down upon us.

_______________________________

I walk down the road, smiling brightly. I cant believe any of that just happened, and that he actually felt for me. Oh my god. Pinch me.

My feet splash the puddles, rain still dribbling down my skin.

And it was so perfectly timed, the rain, everything about it.

Oh my god, I don't think I'll ever recover.

I suddenly hear tires splash towards me. I look over to see a car.

The windows roll down and a bunch of people from the bonfire are inside. "Darla! Get in! You're soaked!"

I squint, shielding my eyes from the rain to try see who they are.

I notice Bea, then a few other Kooks. And I also see Tanner in the mix.

"No thanks." I nod.

The car keeps up with my pace. "Just get in, we'll drop you off." Bea shouts.

I squint, wondering why she cares. "Uh, no."

"Ugh, Tanner! Stop the car." She yells.

The car halts to a stop and the car door opens, Bea steps out. "I'll walk the rest of the way with her."

I scrunch my eyebrows, why would she want to?

The car screeches away, music blasting from it.

I look at Bea as she walks through all the squelching puddles towards me. "Oh my god, Darl. You're so stubborn."

I shake my head. "You didn't have to get out, I can walk myself."

"Yeah. I felt bad." She shrugs.

I laugh, as if she'd feel bad for me.

"What? It's true, I know I've been kind of bitchy to you, and snobby and what not.." She walks alongside me.

I nod. "Mhm."

"Its because.. well my life is so boring, and I hate to admit it but I'm kind of jealous of you." She admits.

I look at her. "What brought all this on?"

"I feel bad, I know what Dad does to you.. and when he started doing it to Ren I realised you don't deserve any of it." She struts along.

I frown. "Oh.."

"Forget that, okay? I just want a sister that I can actually relate to." She says. "We're only like..1 year apart."

"All right, apology some-what accepted." I sigh.

"Thank you, and I promise I'll never let dad hurt you again. I'll talk to him, since he expects so much good from me, he likes me." She nods.

I smile. "Thanks, but I don't think you're able to change his view on me."

She looks ahead. "Probably not."

"I mean.. they're trying to send me to boarding school. And I think they're pretty serious about it."